enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

This is why I drink hard liquor instead
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    lol, hard liquor is worse.

Alcohol has the same priority with medicine. You'd more likely go through alcohol before you go through the food you digest. Which means, you are more likely to be deficient in nutrition... the more you drink.

Or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Lucky for me, I've never liked the stuff.
    It is too bad for me I still like those stuff , I've actually limited the amount of soda I drink drastically though. More water > Soda

Best case scenario is to replace soda with water little by little.

The sodium in canned foods-- and pretty much anything else except fresh food-- is astonishing.
    They should really make it so that potassium is a mandatory label in the U.S. I would be happy to compare what kind of companies only use sodium. They may scream regulation all they wanted to, but I'd love to see Sodium and Potassium side by side on the label.

People would not believe how prevalent sodium is in most foods and even other products. I was comparing a lower sodium can of soup and a pack of bacon.
    The can of soup: 24% DV of Sodium <----- it is no wonder my family like to douse the can with high amounts of water (even though it says to not dilute.)
    3 pieces of bacon: 8% DV of Sodium (~4 servings for the package, 12 pieces of bacon)

I've started getting that nasty feeling thinking about how much salt is already in store bought food combined with the added salt people throw into their foods to make it taste good. I mean, this is COMPARING bacon to soup. Especially for a nation that seems to take in more than enough sodium but only close to half of what is needed when it comes to potassium.

MBTI
    INFJ

If eight teaspoons of sugar are in a can of soda, how much soda is in a can of Francium?

I think I hear about eight dump trucks worth.

MBTI
    INtP

Let's face it... basically all processed food is bad for you, especially when compared to non-processed alternatives. Way too much sugar and salt, yes - but also way too much of those 10+-syllable items for preservation, emulsification, binding, etc. And that's the stuff you buy in a grocery store. I stumbled upon this article the other day on the McRib and almost wanted to gag (sorry, any McRib aficionados, it's not my thing). But the thing is... processed food is designed to be cheap, easy, and fast ... and it is. That's why people eat it.

Saying that, even though I don't drink soda or eat fast food, I eat way too much bad stuff. These are my main weakness. And ice cream. Sigh. I'm thinking about starting a new diet in a couple of weeks (group at the gym's starting it together) that would basically eliminate processed foods, sugar, etc. It will be hard :p.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

In addition to the sugar, one of the most problematic things about drinking cola is the amount of other electrolytes it takes to neutralize the acidity (a byproduct of sugar) and to balance the sodium in pop leaches a lot of important minerals from the body, which most North Americans are already way short of. The effects do not show up for a long time, but will manifest in the form of many diseases and effects that we typically associate with aging (digestive issues, cancer, osteoporosis, greying hair, wrinkling skin, hardened arteries, heart disease, arthritis, candida/unsufficient good bacteria in the stomach to digest food, edema, varicose veins and so on), but which are more related to over-acidic pH in the body and nutritional deficiency. I'm speaking from my own personal experience and deeply regret my poor eating/drinking habits throughout my teens and twenties (insufficient vegetables, too much pop), which I'm paying for in needless health problems in my thirties. Drinking diet pop will not deal with the acidity issue (even though it uses synthetic sugar rather than real sugar) nor with the sodium issue (all carbonated drinks contain a lot of sodium).

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    In addition to the sugar, one of the most problematic things about drinking cola is the amount of other electrolytes it takes to neutralize the acidity (a byproduct of sugar) and to balance the sodium in pop leaches a lot of important minerals from the body, which most North Americans are already way short of. The effects do not show up for a long time, but will manifest in the form of many diseases and effects that we typically associate with aging (digestive issues, cancer, osteoporosis, greying hair, wrinkling skin, hardened arteries, heart disease, arthritis, candida/unsufficient good bacteria in the stomach to digest food, edema, varicose veins and so on), but which are more related to over-acidic pH in the body and nutritional deficiency. I'm speaking from my own personal experience and deeply regret my poor eating/drinking habits throughout my teens and twenties (insufficient vegetables, too much pop), which I'm paying for in needless health problems in my thirties. Drinking diet pop will not deal with the acidity issue (even though it uses synthetic sugar rather than real sugar) nor with the sodium issue (all carbonated drinks contain a lot of sodium).
    Yup, safe to say that cola is really only something for special occasions. With that said, I really do need to drink less coffee, which I am sure isn't any healthier....

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

...And I also drink lots and lots of Monster.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    ...And I also drink lots and lots of Monster.
    There's a can filled with delicious, healthy vitamins!!!

***sips a cup of coffee***