User Tag List

12 Last

WALMART

Default is being forever tired semi-normal?

As long as I can remember, I have been a rather 'tired' person. I fall asleep the instant my head hits the pillow, and I can often force myself to sleep within five minutes, no matter the conditions.

I've always fallen asleep first at sleepovers. I'm known for my incredibly deep sleeps, I would wake up at friends' houses with with a pile of items in front of my face from them throwing things at me.

Just about any time of the day I'm awake, I am ready for a nap. Woke up an hour ago? Sure I'll nap. In my school days I would sleep 10-6, then nap from about 4:30-8. I still, at twenty-four, average about nine hours a day split up over two sleeping periods.

I had a period of a few years where after napping, when I stood, I'd pass out. It was worst during my 'heavy nap' phases, and I still get the sensation, though I now know how to control what triggers the actual fainting.

When I was around six months old, my mother said I once slept for thirty-six hours straight. Being worried, she called the doctor and they said it was relatively normal, I just find the story indicative of my existence.

Uh.... does anyone have experience with this? I feel my consistent lack of energy is responsible for my overall lack of productivity, and I'd like to remedy it. Doctor, perhaps? Moar Red Bulls? I get a fair amount of exercise, enough to stay fitter than the average person I guess. Modern medicine may be my last bastion of hope....

MBTI
    xxTP

You should get tested for anemia.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Yeah if you have insurance I'd go see a doctor. Maybe you just need more sleep than average. Or maybe it's something that can be treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Yeah if you have insurance I'd go see a doctor. Maybe you just need more sleep than average. Or maybe it's something that can be treated.

WALMART

I'd somewhat thought that, but I've been told when donating plasma my iron content is almost above the upper range of what they will allow. Perhaps the two are non-correlative? I should get that checked.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Do you snore? I would look into sleep apnea. I suspect that either that or something else is making your sleep less restful than it should be. You can go into a sleep clinic, if you want.
    -end of thread-

WALMART

I do not snore, but I talk an awful lot. Sleep clinic eh? Never heard of them. I'll look into it, thank you.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

yeah you sleep overnight there and they monitor you and see if your sleep is being disrupted by something that (ideally) you can change. Probably not the most restful sleep you'll have, but it can be helpful.
    -end of thread-

I had a friend who has a mild form of narcolepsy and is treated for it by medication. He is a busy ENFP, and this affords him the ability to be as industrious as he would be if not for the condition.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    yeah you sleep overnight there and they monitor you and see if your sleep is being disrupted by something that (ideally) you can change. Probably not the most restful sleep you'll have, but it can be helpful.

Ah, like I said, I can sleep anywhere anytime, lol. Thank you for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I had a friend who has a mild form of narcolepsy and is treated for it by medication. He is a busy ENFP, and this affords him the ability to be as industrious as he would be if not for the condition.

Yes, medication. I have a feeling this will be the route I will have to go. I kind of wanted to stay away from regular medication in my life, but if the shoe fits...