User Tag List

123 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Default Short Rant- people telling people they're too skinny

I think people telling me I'm too skinny and need to eat more is just as rude as me telling someone they're too fat and need to eat less.

And people have told me this a lot, and it's always fat people. I should say "No thanks, I'd rather look like me than you." For the record, I'm not anorexic, nor do I look it. I'm just skinny. I think they're jealous.

Opinions on the propriety of this?

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Oh here's an idea, I could just reply "You're too fat and you need to eat less."

your resident asshole

Well if people's ribs and other various bones are showing, I'd say they're too skinny. Otherwise, they probably are jealous. I'll admit that I am jealous of people that are skinnier than me. Don't think of it as rude, think of it as a compliment. These people probably want to look more like you.

But seriously, though, if your ribs and stuff are showing, you really do need to eat more.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Yeah, they just jelly lol. At least they're not trying to eat you right?

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Well if people's ribs and other various bones are showing, I'd say they're too skinny. Otherwise, they probably are jealous. I'll admit that I am jealous of people that are skinnier than me. Don't think of it as rude, think of it as a compliment. These people probably want to look more like you.

But seriously, though, if your ribs and stuff are showing, you really do need to eat more.
    Sorry, I know I should just take it as a compliment; but it makes me mad because it seems to be implying I'm not attractive. Like they think larger women with bigger boobs are sexier. Which is fine as a preference, but not to say to someone.

My bones may show through in some places at times, but I'm healthy. And at least I can run away from danger without extra weight slowing me down. I'd rather be too skinny than too fat any day. I'm not living in the effing Arctic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chawie View Post
    Yeah, they just jelly lol. At least they're not trying to eat you right?
    I hope not. It would make more sense for me to eat them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i get this all the time. i was the skinniest bridesmaid at a wedding this summer and they were all hella rude to me and kept making comments about how i needed to eat a cheeseburger and shit. i wouldn't tell them that they shouldn't eat cheeseburgers. actually someone on this forum repped me something like that when i posted a picture here once so i took it down.

Glycerine

2/3 of Americans are fat so there is a distorted standard of what's normal.... THEY WANT YOU TO CONFORM!!!

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

If you can keep your metabolism high and be fat too,, you're basically good for going outdoors.

MBTI
    INFJ

Yeah this happens to me too. I'm skinny and can't help it. I'm kinda glad because I have bad knees and a bad hip due to congenital problems plus an accident so I can do without any extra weight.

That's another thing I get - people telling me to exercise when I get at least ten times the exercise that they do especially when I walk everywhere possible.

I don't dare mention pain because I'll get a lecture about sitting at the computer - which I don't do constantly, I go outside and walk quite a lot in a day but this gets conveniently ignored - as if sitting at a computer has a magical ability to cause ailments any more than sitting at a television all day long like they do.

I'm serious. They sit all day long only moving when necessary and don't exercise at all, and have the nerve to lecture me about being idle? I get more exercise than my entire family put together.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I think people telling me I'm too skinny and need to eat more is just as rude as me telling someone they're too fat and need to eat less.

And people have told me this a lot, and it's always fat people. I should say "No thanks, I'd rather look like me than you." For the record, I'm not anorexic, nor do I look it. I'm just skinny. I think they're jealous.

Opinions on the propriety of this?
    I agree, as I'm skinny too. Although people dont' necessarily tell me I'm "too" skinny but it seems if you're tall and thin they feel they have carte blanche to comment on it. Especially the tall thing - I'm six feet tall.

To be honest - if you live in the US, and you're skinny, the contrast is going to be greater as many people are very overweight and perhaps that's almost more "normal". I live in a major European city so a lot of people are fairly thin anyway (more of a big city thing, and more of a European thing.) So the tall thing stands out more.

I'm told that when men come up to me and say "how tall are you?" or "wow, you're very tall" it's usually an attempt to start a conversation/awkward pickup line, but it really kind of annoys me as I hear it so much. I mean, I don't usually act annoyed right away but if they harp on it, I probably will. Guys get more points for simply paying me a compliment without reference to my height. If you HAVE to comment on my height, then by all means tell me I look like a model.

Anyway, re the skinny thing - yes. Saying "wow, you're really fat/too fat" wouldn't be considered appropriate in most circles, so...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING