First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Apparently, women are always either too skinny or too fat (For what? Existing? Feasting other people's eyes? Who knows?).
    THIS. THANK YOU.

Anyone's comments about your body are basically always about how your body makes them feel, which is totally their issue, not yours. Last time someone gave me an unwanted comment, I tried to be nice, but he kept pushing and I gave him a long lecture (on body teasing and image issues and why he should shut his mouth). Loudly. In public.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Actually, some chick I was seated beside on a plane the other day commented on my choice of snack [a South Beach Diet whipped chocolate almond bar] - "OMG you don't need to eat THAT- you're skinny enough!!! Want any of these?" She offered me some peanut M&M's or Cheez-It's.
    I guess she was trying to be nice, but why should I have to explain that I just LIKE the taste of the bar, & a whole box of them were on sale? Why can't someone at a healthy weight make a slightly healthier choice in chocolatey food and not be looked at like they're starving themselves, or doing something wrong? If an overweight person was eating my snack, people may nod in approval at th
    Yeah... that can be annoying.

Similar happened in the office in Minnesota... there were commonly donuts, or breakfast treats now and then, which I pretty much always declined. I really just don't want to eat that stuff. I've always aimed to eat healthier, and I guess having not had a lot of these types of foods over the years, and not being a snacker, I don't 'miss' it or crave it.

Whenever that sort of comment was made to me, I would internally think, 'yeah, well, PART of why I'm thin is *because* of my eating habits/ the fact I exercise.' Ones' eating choices = a lifestyle; I don't understand the mentality or belief (a lot of it is propagated by advertising/the industry, I suppose) that you only eat well for that set period of time you're trying to lose weight, and then once you reach your ideal weight you can suddenly eat and do anything? It makes no sense.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Yeah... that can be annoying.

Similar happened in the office in Minnesota... there were commonly donuts, or breakfast treats now and then, which I pretty much always declined. I really just don't want to eat that stuff. I've always aimed to eat healthier, and I guess having not had a lot of these types of foods over the years, and not being a snacker, I don't 'miss' it or crave it.

Whenever that sort of comment was made to me, I would internally think, 'yeah, well, PART of why I'm thin is *because* of my eating habits/ the fact I exercise.' Ones' eating choices = a lifestyle; I don't understand the mentality or belief (a lot of it is propagated by advertising/the industry, I suppose) that you only eat well for that set period of time you're trying to lose weight, and then once you reach your ideal weight you can suddenly eat and do anything? It makes no sense.
    Yep. People and their accepted belief systems. It's a big energetic mental co-dependency they aren't capable/willing to give up on.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Yep. People and their accepted belief systems. It's a big energetic mental co-dependency they aren't capable/willing to give up on.
    Well I don't know about the co-dependency thing, as I do think a lot of it is how most diets are presented, and rampant mis-information/messaging and cultural norms in a particular region, as tied to diet, behavior, lifestyle, all of that. I just think that, for whatever reason (which I don't understand), a lot of people think that a 'Diet' - a change to their lifestyle/habits, if you will - is only a temporary thing, to lose weight. When in reality it's really an indefinite/permanent thing, if you want the weight to stay low.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Well I don't know about the co-dependency thing, as I do think a lot of it is how most diets are presented, and rampant mis-information/messaging and cultural norms in a particular region, as tied to diet, behavior, lifestyle, all of that. I just think that, for whatever reason (which I don't understand), a lot of people think that a 'Diet' - a change to their lifestyle/habits, if you will - is only a temporary thing, to lose weight. When in reality it's really an indefinite/permanent thing, if you want the weight to stay low.
    Agreed, it's likely tied to the feel-good & lazy blend of propaganda. My referencing was more towards the awareness and willpower of the recipient, regardless of the external environment, but the two often go hand-in-hand.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

The frustrating thing for those of us who aren't so skinny, though, is as kids a lot of our skinny friends DID eat whatever the hell they wanted. And lots of it. And at 8 you're not really cognitively well-equipped to think, well, I recognize the inherent differences in metabolism that can exist between two bodies and I understand that even though it feels injust, I really need to avoid Oreos even though my best friend can scarf down half a box and still be the little willow that she is. So inequalities develop in weight and eating habits early, and by the time you realize you need to adjust your habits, you've been eating the way you have for at least 12 years, and that's going to be pretty hard to change.

This holds true both for heavier kids and skinny kids who become heavier adults, and even just for skinny kids who eat junk food all the time. If I'm a parent someday, I plan to be somewhat strict and very upfront about food and nutrition - teaching kids what types of food are best, how much food is appropriate, and keeping sweets as a treat and not a regular occurrence. If individuals want to deviate later, that's their personal call, but it seems better-advised to raise your kid to eat healthily and set them in the right habits to begin with.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Actually, I would love for someone to tell me I'm too skinny.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Be glad you dont look skinheadly
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Be glad you dont look skinheadly
    How does one look skinheadly?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    How does one look skinheadly?
    hahaha! I asked him the same thing. I think he meant to say "skinheady", instead of "skinheadly", aka Skinhead. Either way, poor example.