User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

When I eat too many calories, I gain weight. When I cut back, I lose. Personally, I hated being over weight, so that motivates me to keep my weight under control. It's weird because growing up I was so insecure about being underweight, to the point that I would wear clothes that covered my thin body. Thankfully now, I am more comfortable with my body, but I don't think I'll ever be 100% secure with myself.

@greenfairy yes, I totally agree with you, it is extremely rude to comment on anyone's weight. My friend's daughter asked me for the second time how much my daughter weighs, even after her mother and I both explained to her how rude that was. She isn't perfect and I told her that she wouldn't like people made comments on her appearance. Yes, my daughter is thin, but she's not under weight. She just isn't into eating tons of food!

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    When I eat too many calories, I gain weight. When I cut back, I lose. Personally, I hated being over weight, so that motivates me to keep my weight under control. It's weird because growing up I was so insecure about being underweight, to the point that I would wear clothes that covered my thin body. Thankfully now, I am more comfortable with my body, but I don't think I'll ever be 100% secure with myself.
    I hate being overweight and obese, I've lost a lot of weight and I'm on a good trajectory to losing more and diversifying my fitness training and routines.

Being overweight is physically restrictive, you can not physically perform anything as you should be able to, its not just vanity or modern conceits about appearences. You cant lift, move or anything else as you should be able to when you are overweight.

your resident asshole

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I'd also like to point out that us humans can become fat very easily in today's society. Being skinny is somewhat "difficult" compared to being fat, so people are likely to be surprised when they come across skinny people. But I don't think it's right to hate on obese people either. Our brains are wired to love food. So really the obese shouldn't be shamed. Some people resist addiction better than others. Unfortunately, everyone is just fatter nowadays because the food we love is now more readily available.

My God, I have no idea what I'm trying to say. Epic fail.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I'd also like to point out that us humans can become fat very easily in today's society. Being skinny is somewhat "difficult" compared to being fat, so people are likely to be surprised when they come across skinny people. But I don't think it's right to hate on obese people either. Our brains are wired to love food. So really the obese shouldn't be shamed. Some people resist addiction better than others. Unfortunately, everyone is just fatter nowadays because the food we love is now more readily available.

My God, I have no idea what I'm trying to say. Epic fail.
    It's ok, I know what you mean. I would argue though that it is partly as you say, but mostly due to the low quality of processed food combined with a sedentary lifestyle. And I agree it is hard to do otherwise; I myself have a hard time finding the time to really exercise being busy with school and work and sleep (and ADHD) and such- I just get creative, like parking far from class and jogging to and from the car. Healthy food can get expensive, but I get creative and clever with that too (and I am fortunate to be able to eat healthy food nearly 100% of the time). It's not as though with my body constitution I would ever become overweight, but I like to be as healthy as possible, and I acknowledge I'd be a hypocrite if I were to hold other people to standards to which I didn't hold myself.

INFJ's always know what you mean! lol Unless they make assumptions due to Ni+Fe which result in misunderstandings.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Tell them: "I'm a perfectly healthy weight for my size. Are you?"
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Yeah, I agree with the OP. I hate getting comments about being too skinny. My new response is: "Yeah, it runs in my family -- we're all pretty small." I deflect the attention from myself to my genes, and alter the negative sounding word "skinny" to "small". Usually people drop it after that.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

garbage

Do they mean "you're too skinny" as a compliment wrapped up in some pokin' fun? If not, that's definitely bad news. If so, it might still not be the right thing to do, but at least the intentions are sound. ("Well, I might have just had my hand chopped off, but at least I'm also not on fire.")

I'll gladly welcome unsolicited feedback from family members and close friends, since they know 'the context'--that is, me. But nobody appreciates a meddler.

Some neighbors gave me shit for smoking and told me that I should quit.

.. But I used an e-cigarette. Which contained no nicotine or tobacco. And expelled water vapor. So their advice was 'duly noted' and filed in the appropriate mental bin.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

this is the correct response:
    "you ain't my doctor, asshole"

unless it really is your doctor, in which case, you may be best off taking his advice.
    we fukin won boys

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    How is it any of your business, either way? Are you a doctor? Even if you are, are you THEIR doctor?
    oh... ivy beat me to it.
    we fukin won boys

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    It's ok, I know what you mean. I would argue though that it is partly as you say, but mostly due to the low quality of processed food combined with a sedentary lifestyle. And I agree it is hard to do otherwise; I myself have a hard time finding the time to really exercise being busy with school and work and sleep (and ADHD) and such- I just get creative, like parking far from class and jogging to and from the car. Healthy food can get expensive, but I get creative and clever with that too (and I am fortunate to be able to eat healthy food nearly 100% of the time). It's not as though with my body constitution I would ever become overweight, but I like to be as healthy as possible, and I acknowledge I'd be a hypocrite if I were to hold other people to standards to which I didn't hold myself.

INFJ's always know what you mean! lol Unless they make assumptions due to Ni+Fe which result in misunderstandings.
    Ahh...it's good you got what I was trying to say! :P I'd just like to add that I was going to say something along the lines of the bolded part as well, but I seem to have fogotten.