• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

STOP P***ing and S***ing and TEXTING!!!! WTF????

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, this is a serious public health crisis about to occur.
It is immediately distasteful and filthy, and just plain ignorant.

This has to do with people using their cell phones/ Droids/ iPhones - whatever - in public bathrooms.

(1) Why in the hell would anyone text while pissing at a urinal? There are 3 people in my department who I will not shake hands with EVER again.

(2) Ladies, you might be off the hook for #1 above, but you know you've heard a case or two or more of some gal' taking a whizz or dropping some kids off at the pool while gabbing with someone on thier f&*king cell phone. Dudes, don't tell me you haven't heard the same thing.

WTF is so important that you allow it to compromise your (a) personal hygeine, and (b) dignity as a civilized being capable of conscious thought?

Thoughts?

Bueller?

Am I going fucking bonkers-wacko-insane here, or is the above just plain f**king gross?

Please advise.

:horor:

-Halla74

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cell phones are a precurser to an ultimate government conspiracy to microchip the masses and thereby troll our every movement and thought!

gromit

likes this
Ha. Guilty. Not in public restrooms, but in my own dwelling, yes. :devil:

I cradle the phone with my shoulder though and don't touch it until I have washed my hands.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I shamelessly use my phone while on the toilet, but I put in my pocket before I touch anything that would contaminate my hands.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I shamelessly use my phone while on the toilet, but I put in my pocket before I touch anything that would contaminate my hands.
^ I do the same thing.

Also, only texting!! I was watching a TV show where someone was talking on the phone while actually using the restroom, and the person at the other end of the line asked them to please call them back because they could hear everything they were doing in there. :ack!: (Ew!) So, needless to say, I try to never do that!

gromit

likes this
^ I do the same thing.

Also, only texting!! I was watching a TV show where someone was talking on the phone while actually using the restroom, and the person at the other end of the line asked them to please call them back because they could hear everything they were doing in there. :ack!: (Ew!) So, needless to say, I try to never do that!

I asked my sister if she could hear anything and she said no - was she lying??

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I'd trust your sister more than I'd trust "Person of Interest" :laugh:

I'm just paranoid now, really. :doh:

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
I was in a stall when I heard someone walk into the restroom and start to pee while they were still talking to someone on the phone. I know it was childish but I couldn't help myself from faking loud fart noises.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As long as you don't touch the phone with the germ hand...

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My feeling is that if you don't use the same hand you're touching the phone with to go about your business, it's ok. Then again I don't think it really makes much difference, and most of the time I don't think about it; I also don't do it that often. Most people in the modern world are germaphobes.

/DG/

Well I suppose it depends on how loud you are. :ack!:

When I talk on the phone and I'm in the bathroom (I only answer if it is a family member in this case), they can usually tell because my voice echoes a lot in there.

Tessertime

MBTI Type
INTP
I sometimes wonder what the person on the other side of the phone is thinking when they hear gasps of relief, farts, plops of excrement in the water bowl, toilets flushing, etc.
I then wonder at the humility of the guy who brought the phone in the bathroom.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cell phones are a precurser to an ultimate government conspiracy to microchip the masses and thereby troll our every movement and thought!

That is clearly stated on the fine print on the back of each cell phone battery. :newwink:

Ha. Guilty. Not in public restrooms, but in my own dwelling, yes. :devil:

I cradle the phone with my shoulder though and don't touch it until I have washed my hands.

Scope violation! :footballreferee:

I'm talking about, at the office, in the mall, full-on public restrooms. :shock:

You can do whatever the hell you want in the privacy of your own home; it's your house damn it. :newwink:

^ I do the same thing.

Is your phone waterproof? :shock:

Suuuuuure you do. :whistling:

Just kidding. :laugh:

What if it drops into the bowl in the midst of your "masterpiece?" :horor:

I think I'd trust your sister more than I'd trust "Person of Interest" :laugh:

I'm just paranoid now, really. :doh:

Oh yeah, the "Person of Interest"(TM) is for sure not giving you the real diggs.
I'm with EJCC on that one. :hifive:

I was in a stall when I heard someone walk into the restroom and start to pee while they were still talking to someone on the phone. I know it was childish but I couldn't help myself from faking loud fart noises.

ROFLMAO!!! :rofl1:

Perfect!!! :fullload:

As long as you don't touch the phone with the germ hand...

I think it's simply bad form.
If the conversation is that f**king important then why the hell are you in that bathroom in the first place? :facepalm:
Go and meet the person! :doh: Call them back! :BangHead:

It's going to be a goddamn shame when hordes of people look back on their lives on thier death beds, and realize that many of their precious conversations in life were in the midst of defecating in a public restroom while texting. :thumbdown:

My feeling is that if you don't use the same hand you're touching the phone with to go about your business, it's ok. Then again I don't think it really makes much difference, and most of the time I don't think about it; I also don't do it that often. Most people in the modern world are germaphobes.

I agree that most people in the world are germaphobes, and I am not one of them.
But, I also think that many people in this world pay jack shit attention to having a whole lot of common sense with regard to social graces.
And trust me, I'm no boy scout, but I'll be damned if I screw up projecting a professional self image at my place of work by being careless in the pisser with my phone.
I just think it's avoidable, and best left that way, but to each their own.
My Samsung is sterile.

Well I suppose it depends on how loud you are. :ack!:

When I talk on the phone and I'm in the bathroom (I only answer if it is a family member in this case), they can usually tell because my voice echoes a lot in there.

Reverb is a dead giveaway that you are in a bathroom.
Save those calls for your in-laws. :laugh:

I sometimes wonder what the person on the other side of the phone is thinking when they hear gasps of relief, farts, plops of excrement in the water bowl, toilets flushing, etc.
I then wonder at the humility of the guy who brought the phone in the bathroom.

That would be a horrid form of revenge of sorts for some petty grievance.

/END of RANT...

:offtobed:

-Halla74

G

Ginkgo

How else am I to use this toilet paper app? T.P.ing houses? That sounds dangerous.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Ok, this is a serious public health crisis about to occur.
It is immediately distasteful and filthy, and just plain ignorant.

This has to do with people using their cell phones/ Droids/ iPhones - whatever - in public bathrooms.

(1) Why in the hell would anyone text while pissing at a urinal? There are 3 people in my department who I will not shake hands with EVER again.

(2) Ladies, you might be off the hook for #1 above, but you know you've heard a case or two or more of some gal' taking a whizz or dropping some kids off at the pool while gabbing with someone on thier f&*king cell phone. Dudes, don't tell me you haven't heard the same thing.

WTF is so important that you allow it to compromise your (a) personal hygeine, and (b) dignity as a civilized being capable of conscious thought?

Thoughts?

Bueller?

Am I going fucking bonkers-wacko-insane here, or is the above just plain f**king gross?

Please advise.

:horor:

-Halla74

I always assumed phones don't store germs. </shrugs>

Anyway what happens when you turn the tap off after washing your hands?

/DG/

Suuuuuure you do. :whistling:

Just kidding. :laugh:

What if it drops into the bowl in the midst of your "masterpiece?" :horor:

I honestly have no idea how people do that. Just put it in your pocket before you stand up. :shrug:

Lark

That is gross, I've checked text messages or updates on social media while I've been at the bathroom but definitely not while I would be using a urinal, I dont generally use urinals and I dont know how you would use a urinal and a phone simultaneously. I'd definitely not answer a call if I could help it or unless I was done.

I think peoples personal hygiene using public rest rooms leaves a hell of a lot left to be desired anyway, at work I'd often paid attention to just how often they change the soap dispensers or towel dispensers and can only conclude that its not everyone who is using these things when they go to the toilets.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION] It might interest you to know that urine of healthy people is sterile...:wink:

Oh and that if you flush the toilet after a nr 2 with the lid open, you basically just bathed everything in that room in fecal matter...including your own toothbrush :devil:

Permabanned
That is gross, I've checked text messages or updates on social media while I've been at the bathroom but definitely not while I would be using a urinal, I dont generally use urinals and I dont know how you would use a urinal and a phone simultaneously. I'd definitely not answer a call if I could help it or unless I was done.

I think peoples personal hygiene using public rest rooms leaves a hell of a lot left to be desired anyway, at work I'd often paid attention to just how often they change the soap dispensers or towel dispensers and can only conclude that its not everyone who is using these things when they go to the toilets.
brad-pitt-wired-magazine-02.jpg

or

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=6723]phobik[/MENTION]: Pic like that, I'd worry the guy will accidentally get confused and stick his phone in the urinal while waving his dinglehoggin all over the walls...!