User Tag List

First 1234 Last

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I asked my sister if she could hear anything and she said no - was she lying??
    Well I suppose it depends on how loud you are.

When I talk on the phone and I'm in the bathroom (I only answer if it is a family member in this case), they can usually tell because my voice echoes a lot in there.

MBTI
    INTP

I sometimes wonder what the person on the other side of the phone is thinking when they hear gasps of relief, farts, plops of excrement in the water bowl, toilets flushing, etc.
    I then wonder at the humility of the guy who brought the phone in the bathroom.
    Likes Noon liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Cell phones are a precurser to an ultimate government conspiracy to microchip the masses and thereby troll our every movement and thought!
    That is clearly stated on the fine print on the back of each cell phone battery.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Ha. Guilty. Not in public restrooms, but in my own dwelling, yes.

I cradle the phone with my shoulder though and don't touch it until I have washed my hands.
    Scope violation! :footballreferee:

I'm talking about, at the office, in the mall, full-on public restrooms.

You can do whatever the hell you want in the privacy of your own home; it's your house damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ^ I do the same thing.

Also, only texting!! I was watching a TV show where someone was talking on the phone while actually using the restroom, and the person at the other end of the line asked them to please call them back because they could hear everything they were doing in there. (Ew!) So, needless to say, I try to never do that!
    Is your phone waterproof?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I shamelessly use my phone while on the toilet, but I put in my pocket before I touch anything that would contaminate my hands.
    Suuuuuure you do.

Just kidding.

What if it drops into the bowl in the midst of your "masterpiece?" :horor:

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I think I'd trust your sister more than I'd trust "Person of Interest"

I'm just paranoid now, really.
    Oh yeah, the "Person of Interest"(TM) is for sure not giving you the real diggs.
    I'm with EJCC on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Poser View Post
    I was in a stall when I heard someone walk into the restroom and start to pee while they were still talking to someone on the phone. I know it was childish but I couldn't help myself from faking loud fart noises.
    ROFLMAO!!!

Perfect!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chawie View Post
    As long as you don't touch the phone with the germ hand...
    I think it's simply bad form.
    If the conversation is that f**king important then why the hell are you in that bathroom in the first place? :facepalm:
    Go and meet the person! Call them back!

It's going to be a goddamn shame when hordes of people look back on their lives on thier death beds, and realize that many of their precious conversations in life were in the midst of defecating in a public restroom while texting.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    My feeling is that if you don't use the same hand you're touching the phone with to go about your business, it's ok. Then again I don't think it really makes much difference, and most of the time I don't think about it; I also don't do it that often. Most people in the modern world are germaphobes.
    I agree that most people in the world are germaphobes, and I am not one of them.
    But, I also think that many people in this world pay jack shit attention to having a whole lot of common sense with regard to social graces.
    And trust me, I'm no boy scout, but I'll be damned if I screw up projecting a professional self image at my place of work by being careless in the pisser with my phone.
    I just think it's avoidable, and best left that way, but to each their own.
    My Samsung is sterile.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Well I suppose it depends on how loud you are.

When I talk on the phone and I'm in the bathroom (I only answer if it is a family member in this case), they can usually tell because my voice echoes a lot in there.
    Reverb is a dead giveaway that you are in a bathroom.
    Save those calls for your in-laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Tessertime View Post
    I sometimes wonder what the person on the other side of the phone is thinking when they hear gasps of relief, farts, plops of excrement in the water bowl, toilets flushing, etc.
    I then wonder at the humility of the guy who brought the phone in the bathroom.
    That would be a horrid form of revenge of sorts for some petty grievance.

/END of RANT...

-Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Ginkgo

How else am I to use this toilet paper app? T.P.ing houses? That sounds dangerous.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Ok, this is a serious public health crisis about to occur.
    It is immediately distasteful and filthy, and just plain ignorant.

This has to do with people using their cell phones/ Droids/ iPhones - whatever - in public bathrooms.

(1) Why in the hell would anyone text while pissing at a urinal? There are 3 people in my department who I will not shake hands with EVER again.

(2) Ladies, you might be off the hook for #1 above, but you know you've heard a case or two or more of some gal' taking a whizz or dropping some kids off at the pool while gabbing with someone on thier f&*king cell phone. Dudes, don't tell me you haven't heard the same thing.

WTF is so important that you allow it to compromise your (a) personal hygeine, and (b) dignity as a civilized being capable of conscious thought?

Thoughts?

Bueller?

Am I going fucking bonkers-wacko-insane here, or is the above just plain f**king gross?

Please advise.

:horor:

-Halla74
    I always assumed phones don't store germs. </shrugs>

Anyway what happens when you turn the tap off after washing your hands?

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Suuuuuure you do.

Just kidding.

What if it drops into the bowl in the midst of your "masterpiece?" :horor:
    I honestly have no idea how people do that. Just put it in your pocket before you stand up.

That is gross, I've checked text messages or updates on social media while I've been at the bathroom but definitely not while I would be using a urinal, I dont generally use urinals and I dont know how you would use a urinal and a phone simultaneously. I'd definitely not answer a call if I could help it or unless I was done.

I think peoples personal hygiene using public rest rooms leaves a hell of a lot left to be desired anyway, at work I'd often paid attention to just how often they change the soap dispensers or towel dispensers and can only conclude that its not everyone who is using these things when they go to the toilets.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

@Halla74 It might interest you to know that urine of healthy people is sterile...

Oh and that if you flush the toilet after a nr 2 with the lid open, you basically just bathed everything in that room in fecal matter...including your own toothbrush
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    That is gross, I've checked text messages or updates on social media while I've been at the bathroom but definitely not while I would be using a urinal, I dont generally use urinals and I dont know how you would use a urinal and a phone simultaneously. I'd definitely not answer a call if I could help it or unless I was done.

I think peoples personal hygiene using public rest rooms leaves a hell of a lot left to be desired anyway, at work I'd often paid attention to just how often they change the soap dispensers or towel dispensers and can only conclude that its not everyone who is using these things when they go to the toilets.

or
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

@phobik: Pic like that, I'd worry the guy will accidentally get confused and stick his phone in the urinal while waving his dinglehoggin all over the walls...!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft