User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Smoothies, Juicing, etc.

Permabanned Array

Peanut butter, Vanilla Ice Cream, Protein Milk.

It's really good.

Breakfast today: orange, apple, banana, carrot, muesli, chocolate chips, 100% natural juice

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

^ That looks amazing darling!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

redundant descriptor Array netzealot's Avatar

If you are looking for a healthy and surprisingly delicious all-in-one smoothie, try this recipe:

- Start with 2 inches of water
    - 2-3 stalks of kale, broken into smaller pieces
    - 1-2 handfuls of spinach leaves
    - 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder (the natural kind is best)
    - 1 scoop steel cut oats
    - 1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt (optional)
    - 1 frozen banana, halved
    - 1 cup frozen strawberries
    - 1 cup frozen blueberries

- Alternatively, non-frozen fruits can be used along with ice and less water
    - Also, "Optimum Nutrition's 100% Natural Oats and Whey Vanilla Bean" can be used instead of separate oats and whey. It's arguably the best brand of protein powder and is on sale on

Depending on how powerful your blender is you may have to stop and mix it with a spoon (trying to push it down while it runs is not advised... based on a bad experience) and you may need to add a bit of water to adjust the thickness to your liking and the capabilities of your blender.

This recipe was created based on the ANDI scale which is a more common sense way to measures food based on nutrient density (rating = nutrients/calories... kale scores 1,000 while french fries got a 7).

It incorporates the best picks from the fruits and vegetables at the top of the list which are also available at most supermarkets. The other ingredients are the best choice from each food group: steel-cut oats being non-processed slow burning carbohydrates, whey being the cleanest form of protein, and non-fat yogurt for flavor/consistency and calcium (If you are a woman I advise against using this to replace a meal if you are not going to add yogurt).

It has minimal prep and clean up time... just run the blender 1/2 full of water with a few drops of dish soap right after. Most of the ingredients have a good shelf life. It is both surprisingly tasty and very filling.