123 Last

Thread: Supplements

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Supplements

I'm taking Omega 3 at the moment, a multivitamin which I've stopped taking, and I've got some chromium and cinnamon extract on order because I've read about Holford's recommendation of those suppliments along with a low GL diet for controlling type two diabetes and reversing the dependency on meds like mitformin (spelling).

What suppliments do you use or recommend and for what? I see people drinking different sorts of shake or suppliments at the gym and wonder what all that is about apart from making them do disgusting giant dumps in the toilets before I go to use them.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Chromium is really good at controlling sugar cravings, if you're having to cut out sugars from your diet i highly recommend it to help.

Otherwise, in terms of shakes/supplements that people are taking at the gym, it depends on what you're using them for as to what to take.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

If by chance you're thinking of using metformin, there's a tendency for it to deplete B-12 in the body.
    Just Google: Metformin B12

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If by chance you're thinking of using metformin, there's a tendency for it to deplete B-12 in the body.
    Just Google: Metformin B12
    What is B-12?

Protein, I like Gaspari. Some kind of multi and fish oil. Creatine is good for training, and I like pre workout supps, but they are just personal likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    What is B-12?
    You've never heard of vitamin B-12?

MBTI
    ISTx

Fish oils, men's multi by Optimum Nutrition, and the occasional protein shake.

@Lark

There is only one supplement I mostly use, and that is a multivitamin.

I don't use the other 90% of supplements because supplements don't have to be proven that it actually does what it says it does. The standard for vitamins and supplements don't go through a rigorous test like antibiotics and medicines go through. But doctors are willing to tell you to be careful when taking supplements anyways.

So except for the daily multivitamins, there ARE some supplements I do use from time to time like protein, garlic(bad breath odor ehhh,) and omega-3.

As for all those stuff you see at the gym, they are either self-made protein drinks, or loads of supplements(often pill form) geared towards people building muscle. There are loads of them if you are willing to look at a vitamin/supplement store like GNC or something. As a personal preference, I don't touch those supplements... only protein.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    @Lark

There is only one supplement I mostly use, and that is a multivitamin.

I don't use the other 90% of supplements because supplements don't have to be proven that it actually does what it says it does. The standard for vitamins and supplements don't go through a rigorous test like antibiotics and medicines go through. But doctors are willing to tell you to be careful when taking supplements anyways.

So except for the daily multivitamins, there ARE some supplements I do use from time to time like protein, garlic(bad breath odor ehhh,) and omega-3.

As for all those stuff you see at the gym, they are either self-made protein drinks, or loads of supplements(often pill form) geared towards people building muscle. There are loads of them if you are willing to look at a vitamin/supplement store like GNC or something. As a personal preference, I don't touch those supplements... only protein.
    Yeah, I know that about suppliments, its part of the reason I always buy cheap generics rather than brands because I do believe that the majority of it is snake oil sales, although I do hear the ones I mentioned cited frequently in the literature about controlling colestoral and diabetes though.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

None. I never can keep up with any daily medicine. I always fall off the way-side, no matter how good my intentions.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge