User Tag List

123 Last

Default Three simple "six pack" exercises you can do at home?

Any top tips for the three greatest six pack exercises you could easily do at home?

I'm really going to start working on this in the gym as the stones drop off and I get to proper weight but I was wondering what there is for the days I dont make it to the gym, what I could do in the morning or at night to really get defined abs and "armour up" my mid rift.

I'm also curious as to whether or not the same exercises are a waste of time if you've not reached your BMI yet and consequently do not have a flat stomach to begin with if you know what I mean.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

The best thing is probably to just 'put the fork down.'

Seriously, losing weight happens through diet mostly. You can work your abs all you want but they wont show until you are pretty lean, and most people cant reach that level.
    It doesn't mean you're not fit though. You can't seem my six pack, but I'm more fit than friends who is much leaner.

Some kind of crunch, some kind of leg raise and some kind of hover.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Some kind of crunch, some kind of leg raise and some kind of hover.
    I know crunches and leg raises what is this "hover"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I know crunches and leg raises what is this "hover"?
    Called plank as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Called plank as well.
    Oh yeah, I can do those, with relative ease too, I always wonder if I'm doing them wrong.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Changing up the same 'type' helps. Also, cutting is a HUGE part of six-pack gaining. You can have BADASS abs but never see them if there's no cutting. You pretty much need to be at a really low fat percentage, especially for men since the stomach is where they tend to carry weight.

- Diets that are designed to cut
    - Crunches, raises, and endurance drills like planks: wolfy was spot on on those.

We changed them up a LOT. So floor work one day. Ball work another day. Machine work a third day (including doing drills with pull-up bars like leg lifts and tucks) and so on. Your abs can take a lot of abuse and workload, you can exercise them pretty much daily without hurting them. But once you develop the muscle, it still won't show without loss of fat in the entire body.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

I've got some definition in my legs and arms now, well, more than I had but I think I've still got three or four stone to lose to be BMI.

BMI is my starting line for proper development if you know what I mean. Just thinking of what I can actually do now and besides one machine that I know of abs arent going to be created by resistance training or cardio training either so fare as I know.

Anew Leaf

the plank is my favorite exercise actually.

it really helps strengthen your back, sides, and stomach... the whole core package. there are a bunch of variations to do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    the plank is my favorite exercise actually.

it really helps strengthen your back, sides, and stomach... the whole core package. there are a bunch of variations to do too.
    I dont know them all, I've seen something like it which is creating and holding an X pattern and then lifting an arm or leg one at a time, then an arm and a leg both.