User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Fat People

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Some of us drive a Prius that requires very little fuel to run. Others drive crazy high-performance sportscars that guzzle fuel.

I would have been a kick-ass cavewoman- I can store that shit all damn winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I know its true because before i was on meds i ate the same and gained very little weight, a year after being put on meds i gained 20lbs and yes part of it could be my metabolism slowing down but when i got put on prozac i gained 20lbs in 2 months i got off it and the two meds i'm on now (latuda which is weight neutral supposedly but we'll see) and ablify (never gained weight on it) I should actually begin to lose weight.
    Okay, yeah, I did some quick research. It's like you said. You get fatigued much easier because you have a harder time accessing your energy, stored or otherwise.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Okay, yeah, I did some quick research. It's like you said. You get fatigued much easier because you have a harder time accessing your energy, stored or otherwise.
    yeah that makes sense, on prozac i was sleeping 18 hours a day and still felt exhausted and i was only on 30mg and there are people on lot higher doses than that.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    That's possibly true too, but that's not exactly what I meant. It happens with the same level of exercise, too (and in my case, with even a dramatic increase in exercise). I'm more active than most people I know.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That's possibly true too, but that's not exactly what I meant. It happens with the same level of exercise, too (and in my case, with even a dramatic increase in exercise). I'm more active than most people I know.
    and take me i use to be 130 did jack shit and stayed skinny opposite of ivy.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It's more of a "rate of burning" thing. Like those "how many calories you burned" readouts on the treadmill, they're misleading because not everybody burns at the same rate. If they were totally accurate, they'd be lower for people with more efficient metabolisms (me) and higher for people with less efficient metabolisms (prpl). Having an efficient metabolism would have been a gift in a hunter/gatherer setting, but it's a curse today.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    read him!
    So which of his books would you recommend first?
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

The Omnivore's Dilemma on Modern Industrial Agriculture.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

In addition to all of what's been mentioned, there's research lately indicating that overweight people have a higher load of toxins (for a variety of reasons including diet, meds, not drinking sufficient water not sweating sufficiently, lack of circulation/movement and so on) that in turn results in them retaining water and the metabolism slows down.

I never knew before, but allergies also induce significant amounts of water retention (think of how swollen and puffy your eyes get and then apply that same picture to every tissue in the body. For example, I started eating very healthily and exercising for the first time in my life, yet gained 40 pounds in a short amount of time. My legs were swollen enough that by the end, I couldn't even wear shoes without them digging into my skin. However, as soon as I went off gluten, after being diagnosed as celiac, 25 pounds dropped off without even trying. I still am dealing with some kind of issues (my fingers fluctuate wildly between me not being able to wear rings and then my rings falling off), my weight fluctuates more than 5 pounds in a day, and I can see some days when my face is puffier than others. I also have cellulite for the first time in my life.

I have quit drinking coke, have quit hot chocolate, don't eat sugar, am tracking the food I eat, get an hour of exercise a day, and am eating regular meals with enough protein in them. I think it will take time for my metabolism to get back to normal and I also suspect I have some kind of dairy problem that's messing things up still, even though I don't drink milk anymore.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

@fidelia pretty much the only dairy i can handle is yoghurt. As much as i love cheese, i've had to say goodbye. It was a sad parting :c

My medication was largely responsible for me gaining a significant amount of weight, even though i was still exercising and eating well, the weight just kept adding on.

I've now cut out dairy, gluten, fats (i pretty much use no oils anymore), processed (any kind) foods and upping the exercise and it's starting to drop off as my metabolism starts to kick back in.
    Last edited by Nijntje; 09-24-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Leave it up to the fat kid to wear their shirt in the swimming pool!
    Attachment 8129