• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could this be Lactose Intolerance?

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I...apologize if this comes off as a bit "ugh" of a topic for most people, but I don't quite know whom else to consult at this moment.

Normally I can eat a large meal with no ill effects.

However, every time I eat this one meal at a certain restaurant, I get bloated and gassy. Oh, and I also get STUPIDLY irritable for no reason. Like, I want to strangle the world and everything is intruding upon me. It's not particularly painful, but my stomach feels bloated and distended.

The meal? Grilled Cheese and a Chocolate Milkshake, both of which have a very high milk content (especially the latter). I drink a lot of Lactaid milk and seem to not suffer from noticeable bloating or irritability.

What makes me uncertain of whether or not it IS Lactose intolerance or not is due to the fact that I don't suffer from more...ah...'disruptive' digestive symptoms. Is it possible to be Lactose-intolerant without suffering from 'external' symptoms of gastrointestinal distress?

tomas

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
?
Even though when I asked my doctor to test me for lactose intolerance and it came out negative, I still don't have (much) of dairy because I still react. Have had an argument with a surgeon about that also. So I just figure it out myself.

Maybe there is something else too in the grilled cheese, milkshake? You don't exactly get to see the ingredients list. But I agree that reactions are personal

G

Glycerine

Sorry, TMI.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm the same way actually, so...

Must be some kind of intolerance. I don't get horrible symptoms from it but drinking milk, milkshakes, milk with cereal, or too much cheese does give me the bluhs.