User Tag List

12 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Top abdominal work outs and exercises

As I'm approaching my goal of no longer having a big belly I'm thinking of what sort of way I'd like to shape up and I think, perhaps because I hate the fact I've had a belly for so long and during the best years of my life for pulling girls, university, I really want to shape up my abdominal muscles and get a six pack. Or so I think its called, the muscles were your belly are.

Does anyone know any good exercises or gym equipment for doing this? Will it just shape up if you keep doing hard work outs running, cross training, rowing and cycling? Are there any weights exercises which are good to achieve this goal? I like using dumbells at home and was thinking about buying a bar bell too.

Follow a regular exercise plan to lose your over weight belly.
    Cardio and abs exercises are the best options for burning the fat around the stomach and get a flat belly.
    Do cardio exercises daily for at least 30 minutes to get a good shaped body.
    Last edited by Montgomery456; 03-30-2013 at 09:42 AM.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Sit on a bench with a broom handle behind your neck arms extended holding the ends and twist back and forth. 2 sets X 50 reps. 3 times/week.

Oblique situps.

Standard situps.

Ab crunches. I usually do like 190lbs. on the ab crunch machine X 25 reps. 3 sets. 2-3 times/week.

Cardio to get the overall fat down. Eat clean. Give it 6 mos. and you should see good progress.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Good abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. With a very clean diet (avoid high GI foods) and a couple rounds of HITT cardio a week, you should be good to go. Everyone's a little different, but you should start seeing visible definition around 8-9% body fat.

A ketotic diet is something you might want to explore, but it isn't for the faint of heart. As far as melting body fat is concerned, there's nothing better, but it comes with the price of decreased energy, cognition (especially the first few weeks or so, depending; you'll feel "foggy"), and strength. You won't be hungry (protein and fat are most satiating), but you will feel a bit drained.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Vinyasa flow yoga.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Guy V. Malaxia View Post
    Good abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. With a very clean diet (avoid high GI foods) and a couple rounds of HITT cardio a week, you should be good to go. Everyone's a little different, but you should start seeing visible definition around 8-9% body fat.

A ketotic diet is something you might want to explore, but it isn't for the faint of heart. As far as melting body fat is concerned, there's nothing better, but it comes with the price of decreased energy, cognition (especially the first few weeks or so, depending; you'll feel "foggy"), and strength. You won't be hungry (protein and fat are most satiating), but you will feel a bit drained.
    I disagree with prescribing anyone a ketotic diet, I think they're deadly, but I agree with you that this begins in the kitchen. You can't just have great abs by doing ab exercises, you have to lose body fat.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Vinyasa flow yoga.
    What is Vinyasa flow? I've done Bikram, but never heard of that and want to know.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Bikram is like regimented hot yoga.

Vinyasa flow is a more spiritually centered version of yoga, but it still has the aerobic/sweat component; however instead of being in a heated room, you create your own internal heat.

You can also check out yogaglo, but I recommend taking vinyasa at least a few times from teachers. I love being in the studio, I agree with Max Strom that people should probably have yoga instructors for at least the first three years of their practice; if not for every practice (I guess it can get expensive sometimes to take classes in studio, it has for me at times) then at least regularly.

There's nothing like it.

It's made of stars and snoopy sno-cones.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Bikram is like regimented hot yoga.

Vinyasa flow is a more spiritually centered version of yoga, but it still has the aerobic/sweat component; however instead of being in a heated room, you create your own internal heat.

You can also check out yogaglo, but I recommend taking vinyasa at least a few times from teachers. I love being in the studio, I agree with Max Strom that people should probably have yoga instructors for at least the first three years of their practice; if not for every practice (I guess it can get expensive sometimes to take classes in studio, it has for me at times) then at least regularly.

There's nothing like it.

It's made of stars and snoopy sno-cones.
    I want to take it!!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I disagree with prescribing anyone a ketotic diet, I think they're deadly, but I agree with you that this begins in the kitchen. You can't just have great abs by doing ab exercises, you have to lose body fat.
    Deadly? I've never heard any legitimate claims about them being unsafe.