User Tag List

First 12

Epiphany

I would suggest investing in one of these. It's a lot harder than it looks. But if you have stomach flab, it doesn't matter how strong your abs are; you won't be able to see them.

MBTI
    ISTP

Where your body stores fat is based on your genetics, and there is no way to make it lose fat in a certain area over another. I know it seems like common sense to think ab workouts will give you a 6 pack, but I have seen homeless people with 6 packs simply because they have so little body fat. Your body will not burn stomach fat simply because you do ab exercises, and someone who did endurance cardio would have better results than someone who did 1,000 sit ups a day.

The only reason to do ab exercises is if you want a stronger core. If you want a 6 pack, it'll make only a slight difference... overall fat loss will work better.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by LevelZeroHero View Post
    Where your body stores fat is based on your genetics, and there is no way to make it lose fat in a certain area over another. I know it seems like common sense to think ab workouts will give you a 6 pack, but I have seen homeless people with 6 packs simply because they have so little body fat. Your body will not burn stomach fat simply because you do ab exercises, and someone who did endurance cardio would have better results than someone who did 1,000 sit ups a day.

The only reason to do ab exercises is if you want a stronger core. If you want a 6 pack, it'll make only a slight difference... overall fat loss will work better.
    True.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by LevelZeroHero View Post

This.