• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

health through exposure

W

WALMART

When I ail, I agitate it beyond comfort. I feel it helps my body fight things proper, like punching stone.

I cured my TMJ through it. Another example would be a vaccine.

I wish I had better examples, just today my sister exemplified a rather good scenario I cannot recall.

Do you have any opinions on the subject? Perhaps you know the scientific term?

I guess what I'm getting at is that I don't like when people shield themselves from things because it hurts. In the long run, do they heal more proper or are they setting themselves up for future discomfort?

Oh, honey! Perhaps an old wives tale, but supposedly you can ingest spoons of honey to cure allergies. Logic says the body develops immunity to the pollens contained within. Anyone know the degree of truth to that?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I ail, I agitate it beyond comfort. I feel it helps my body fight things proper, like punching stone.

I cured my TMJ through it. Another example would be a vaccine.

I wish I had better examples, just today my sister exemplified a rather good scenario I cannot recall.

Do you have any opinions on the subject? Perhaps you know the scientific term?

I guess what I'm getting at is that I don't like when people shield themselves from things because it hurts. In the long run, do they heal more proper or are they setting themselves up for future discomfort?

Oh, honey! Perhaps an old wives tale, but supposedly you can ingest spoons of honey to cure allergies. Logic says the body develops immunity to the pollens contained within. Anyone know the degree of truth to that?

Are you talking about exposing yourself to things so that you are immune to them? Like once my immune system identifies a certain receptor of a certain bacteria/virus I now have anti bodies built up to it so that the next time, it's killed almost immediately and you barely show any symtoms the second time around...? Or are you talking about something else?

W

WALMART

Are you talking about exposing yourself to things so that you are immune to them? Like once my immune system identifies a certain receptor of a certain bacteria/virus I now have anti bodies built up to it so that the next time, it's killed almost immediately and you barely show any symtoms the second time around...? Or are you talking about something else?

Yes, that is one example. But again, I've found multiple uses for the phrase. Such as punching stone, so that next time you punch stone your body is more apt to not break. Or eating honey. Your body has already identified the allergens and built proper response to them.

I know for a fact I have thought of other uses, but I cannot recall any and have not thought of any since making this thread, so forgive my lack of examples.

But you are on the correct track.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, that is one example. But again, I've found multiple uses for the phrase. Such as punching stone, so that next time you punch stone your body is more apt to not break. Or eating honey. Your body has already identified the allergens and built proper response to them.

I know for a fact I have thought of other uses, but I cannot recall any and have not thought of any since making this thread, so forgive my lack of examples.

But you are on the correct track.

Well then first of all, it's best to know that if your blood is at an alkaline state, no bacteria can live in your body.
Physycally punching that stone will build endurance...but i think because of numbness/damaged nerves probably or calluses
I think the best words for that is endurance and conditioning

I personaly am one of those people that sheild themselves away from physical pain...bring on all the emotional pain ...but i have a very low tolerance for pain when i don't have adrenaline running through me or cortizone.
But i do notice the more i get get hurt the less it hurts...so maybe i just need to toughen up and get throught the beginning to get the invincible rewards.
Also to deal with physical pain there is a way to decrease the amount of damage it does to you...say you were to slam your finger in the door...we have an automatic impulse to hold that finger for a second...the problem with most people is that they then let go and shake their hand or walk it out you know? but really you are supposed to hold the spot where the pain is so that the blood protiens don't go all over so that you don't have a bruise...
neither one of these helpful facts will help u in an emergency though...that's all mental then