User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Permabanned

so yeah I threw my pack away....I saved one cigarette from it just in case i get extremely irritable and want one I plan to quit for good.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I quit smoking in 2004 and I'm still chewing the gum.
    that's strange you should think about getting off the gum

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Just throw the pack away and once in awhile when you're around smokers offer to buy one for $0.50 just to keep yourself sane (limit yourself to 3 a week maybe)
    tried that....I bum a smoke off people then the next day I want one really bad and end up buying a pack then when I buy a pack I just end up smoking the whole pack!

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    e-cigarettes aren't a bad diversion as a step in the right direction for stopping smoking. You are still smoking and have the nicotine, but not the more harmful aspects of cigarettes. They also actually smell good.
    I hear they are good as well but I figure if I'm still gonna be toxicating my body with nicotine I might as well get the lozenges or the patch it's basically the same thing plus e-cigarettes are really expensive.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    tried that....I bum a smoke off people then the next day I want one really bad and end up buying a pack then when I buy a pack I just end up smoking the whole pack!

You have to go like 3 weels dry first. Then you start tasting how nasty it feels in your lungs and how nasty it tastes. You don't want one all the time after that
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    You have to go like 3 weels dry first. Then you start tasting how nasty it feels in your lungs and how nasty it tastes. You don't want one all the time after that
    This is true. They taste horrible and make you feel sick after awhile.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm not concerned about getting off the gum. As long as I'm not smoking, I don't care if I chew the gum till I die.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I'm not concerned about getting off the gum. As long as I'm not smoking, I don't care if I chew the gum till I die.
    I think nicotine itself is still harmful and I'm almost certain that drug lowers IQ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

There's another alternative. Buy a Vaporizor. Most people use them for pot but vaporizor companies cannot advertise them for that purpose. No matter what plant matter is being smoked, be it pot or tobacco , it cuts out a huge amount of tars and carcinogens. There's even portable models.

There are countless video reviews on different models on youtube.

http://www.vaporinfo.com/quitting-smoking.php

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

When I quit smoking, it was easy because I never felt any addiction even while I was a smoker. I simply stopped. Now I only smoke them when I am in a situation in which a cigarette would be irresistible. Which is when drinking.

So I guess what I recommend is paying attention to when you really, really can't resist a cigarette, and then figure out creative ways to keep yourself from smoking for each of those situations. But really it will just come down to willpower. You have to remind yourself that you have control over your actions, and you can direct your mind, not be a slave to it.
    ( . )( . )