• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Probiotics

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Like no dairy at all? Yeek. What do you eat then?

I've bought some probiotics that are $20/14 capsules - supposed to take them for two weeks and then re-evaluate. The lady said if I'm celiac that I should be on some form of probiotics forever. What do you think Redbone - you have more experience. I don't like baked stuff enough to bother making bread etc - the Udi's stuff is grossly overpriced and I would never eat it other than in toast form (you are right about stiff slices of carbs), but it allows me to have some different breakfast now and then. I go through a loaf every two weeks or so. How long is it likely to take for my guts to heal? It's been close to a year now. I only had a lot of symptoms showing up about three years ago, although there were some smaller ones occasionally before that.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know much about celiac, gluten free or any of the stuff you're talking about.

However, I do know if you want a probiotic that this is probably the best stuff out there. It's what I take. It needs to be refrigerated.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
What kind of strains does it have in it? What's the advantage of refrigerated over non?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What kind of strains does it have in it? What's the advantage of refrigerated over non?

Apparently they just changed the name. I just know it's the best stuff. If you order it, you should get it next day or second day air because it can get ruined being in an unmanaged temperature environment.

http://www.metagenics.com/products/a-z-products-list/UltraFlora-Balance

UltraFlora Balance (formerly Ultra Flora Plus® DF Capsules) is one of the most recommended, practitioner-exclusive probiotic formulas in use worldwide. Supplies a powerful probiotic blend of B. lactis Bi-07 and L. acidophilus NCFM® with a non-dairy base in capsule form. This NCFM strain has been the topic of over 60 published scientific articles—including clinical trials for a number of bothersome GI symptoms.*

50:50 blend of:15 billion live organisms† Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM®Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07

Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, capsule (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose), Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis, magnesium stearate, silica

http://pureformulas.com/ultra-flora-plus-df-capsules-60-capsule-bottle-by-metagenics.html

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

Apparently they just changed the name. I just know it's the best stuff. If you order it, you should get it next day or second day air because it can get ruined being in an unmanaged temperature environment.

http://www.metagenics.com/products/a-z-products-list/UltraFlora-Balance

UltraFlora Balance (formerly Ultra Flora Plus® DF Capsules) is one of the most recommended, practitioner-exclusive probiotic formulas in use worldwide. Supplies a powerful probiotic blend of B. lactis Bi-07 and L. acidophilus NCFM® with a non-dairy base in capsule form. This NCFM strain has been the topic of over 60 published scientific articles—including clinical trials for a number of bothersome GI symptoms.*

50:50 blend of:15 billion live organisms† Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM®Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07

Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, capsule (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose), Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis, magnesium stearate, silica

http://pureformulas.com/ultra-flora-plus-df-capsules-60-capsule-bottle-by-metagenics.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactobacillus_acidophilus

That was the strain I mentioned before. It's common yogurt bacteria. You can buy 60 pills (2 months) for about 20 dollars of thqt in different drugstore brands. Perhaps Highlanders brand is made to be more potent with more live bacteria?

Alizée

Instinctual Variant
sx
I've taken probiotic pearls in the past with great results. But my reason for taking them was to re-establish healthy cultures in my system after a short course of antibiotics.