User Tag List

First 345

Thread: Probiotics

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Like no dairy at all? Yeek. What do you eat then?

I've bought some probiotics that are $20/14 capsules - supposed to take them for two weeks and then re-evaluate. The lady said if I'm celiac that I should be on some form of probiotics forever. What do you think Redbone - you have more experience. I don't like baked stuff enough to bother making bread etc - the Udi's stuff is grossly overpriced and I would never eat it other than in toast form (you are right about stiff slices of carbs), but it allows me to have some different breakfast now and then. I go through a loaf every two weeks or so. How long is it likely to take for my guts to heal? It's been close to a year now. I only had a lot of symptoms showing up about three years ago, although there were some smaller ones occasionally before that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I don't know much about celiac, gluten free or any of the stuff you're talking about.

However, I do know if you want a probiotic that this is probably the best stuff out there. It's what I take. It needs to be refrigerated.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

What kind of strains does it have in it? What's the advantage of refrigerated over non?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    What kind of strains does it have in it? What's the advantage of refrigerated over non?
    Apparently they just changed the name. I just know it's the best stuff. If you order it, you should get it next day or second day air because it can get ruined being in an unmanaged temperature environment.

http://www.metagenics.com/products/a...aFlora-Balance

UltraFlora Balance (formerly Ultra Flora Plus® DF Capsules) is one of the most recommended, practitioner-exclusive probiotic formulas in use worldwide. Supplies a powerful probiotic blend of B. lactis Bi-07 and L. acidophilus NCFM® with a non-dairy base in capsule form. This NCFM strain has been the topic of over 60 published scientific articles—including clinical trials for a number of bothersome GI symptoms.*

50:50 blend of:15 billion live organisms† Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM®Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07

Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, capsule (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose), Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis, magnesium stearate, silica

http://pureformulas.com/ultra-flora-...etagenics.html

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Apparently they just changed the name. I just know it's the best stuff. If you order it, you should get it next day or second day air because it can get ruined being in an unmanaged temperature environment.

http://www.metagenics.com/products/a...aFlora-Balance

UltraFlora Balance (formerly Ultra Flora Plus® DF Capsules) is one of the most recommended, practitioner-exclusive probiotic formulas in use worldwide. Supplies a powerful probiotic blend of B. lactis Bi-07 and L. acidophilus NCFM® with a non-dairy base in capsule form. This NCFM strain has been the topic of over 60 published scientific articles—including clinical trials for a number of bothersome GI symptoms.*

50:50 blend of:15 billion live organisms† Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM®Bifidobacterium lactis Bi-07

Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, capsule (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose), Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis, magnesium stearate, silica

http://pureformulas.com/ultra-flora-...etagenics.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactobacillus_acidophilus

That was the strain I mentioned before. It's common yogurt bacteria. You can buy 60 pills (2 months) for about 20 dollars of thqt in different drugstore brands. Perhaps Highlanders brand is made to be more potent with more live bacteria?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

I've taken probiotic pearls in the past with great results. But my reason for taking them was to re-establish healthy cultures in my system after a short course of antibiotics.
    INTJ, 5w6 (sx), RCOEI