User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Soft Drinks

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I like unique mixtures new avatar.

I've been trying to kick the habit of soft drinks for a while, the problem is that its not easy, there's not a lot of good and easily available alternatives, most of the non-carbonated and still equivalents, even fruit juices, are full of sugar (I had an insane reading when I used a friend with diabetes blood sugar meter the other day, I'm presently concerned I may have developed diabetes due to quaffing too much of these damn sugar waters while training).
    I like carbonated water, with a little flavoring, but without caffiene or sweetener. But mostly I drink water anymore. I drink gatoraid when I exercise, which has lots of sugar, but you can get electrolytes from pills or in drinks without sugar, like Pedialyte.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I only drink diet soda.. it's still toxic sludge, but not sugary toxic sludge. Everybody needs a vice, and this is better than meth.

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I used to drink diet soda, but no more, after I found out what aspertame does to your brain. I have enough neurological problems without adding fuel to the fire...
    I'm been seriously cutting back on the amount of diet soda I consume and find myself feeling better for it. Before, I'd get a minor caffeine rush and then when it wore off, I'd feel lousy. One can of pop doesn't have that much caffeine, at least not compared to coffee but I've always been hypersensitive to its effects.
    I'm not sure how the aspertame affects the brain, I'll have to read up more on that.

There's always regular soda but usually that's filled with high fructose corn syrup which is bad. Soda made with real sugar is a little better, but it's still just empty calories.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Every once in a great while, I like diet IBC root beer [I've also taken that into pubs where I'm watching local bands/mixed it with Smirnoff 100 proof rootbeer flavored vodka, so I don't have to buy alcohol.. whenever a bouncer's noticed the brown bottle I'm holding isn't just a beer bottle I've neurotically peeled the label off of, they haven't taken it away.. a few even smelled it/couldn't detect the alcohol.. yeah, I'm a classy, classy cheapskate]. I use artificial sweeteners anyway so I don't really care about the hazards around that, haha.

Also on rare occasion I buy a bottle of this soda that's sort of only popular with old people from New England. [Diet] Moxie. It's very bittersweet, it's extremely difficult to desribe the flavor. [it's also the only beverage I'll mix gin with- otherwise gin should be straight.. I haven't even drank in several years, more or less.. I sound like an alcoholic ] I want to buy some now.. dt moxie, not gin. It's got caffeine in it, but I have a really high tolerance anyway, so I never notice changes in my energy levels..

This sushi place in the next town over makes their own ginger ale.. that's the only sugary soda I'll drink, and that's like, once a year, if that. It's got a real bite to it. Love spices.

Seems like a lot of the stuff in that study/lecture is common sense.. if anyone ever bothered to pay attention to what ingredients are in their foods/drinks & how the body processes them, that is. I can't drink soda every day, it's like a once in awhile treat, and I suppose that's how any junkfood/beverage should be consumed. Rarely, if at all.

I can only imagine the havoc all that citric acid and crap wreaks on your teeth if you drink it every day. Blegh.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

I'm going to buy a big cup of Coca-Cola or something tonight, just to spite this thread.

MBTI
    INFJ

Drink water. Don't drink food. Problem solved.

Or, practice sense and moderation. Problem mitigated.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news...ont-drink-them

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I use artificial sweeteners anyway so I don't really care about the hazards around that, haha.
    NF logic. So cute.

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I'm going to buy a big cup of Coca-Cola or something tonight, just to spite this thread.
    How bittersweet of you.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

OBEY YOUR THIRST

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    NF logic. So cute.
    I should amend that my aspartame consumption has been greatly reduced by the accessibility of stevia, so it's really only in the soda I have on rare rare occasion..

try to use the C-word on THIS post, stupid NT.

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I should amend that my aspartame consumption has been greatly reduced by the accessibility of stevia, so it's really only in the soda I have on rare rare occasion..

try to use the C-word on THIS post, stupid NT.
    Well done, NF cunt.

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Well done, NF cunt.

I'll take that trophy home to Mother.