123 Last

Thread: Facial scars :(

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Default Facial scars :(

I was on the balcony last night, sitting down, and the flatmate knocked over a folded up metal screen which fell and cut me on the side of the face. It bled very little and hurt very little but it was deep. We went to emergency and after being there a few hours and various people looking at it they booked me in for a plastic surgeon to fix it up tomorrow. They take more trouble with women and scars, they said. (Bless the National Health Service...)

It looks like a small sword cut an inch long or a little more, down by my jawline/chin. I was very lucky that it was not worse - in the middle of my face, or bigger and jagged, or broken nose or damaged eye... I'm guessing there won't be an awful scar but there will be a scar nonetheless. It's just vanity but I am a bit upset. I'm not a bad looking girl, you know. At least where it is on my face, I can hope it will just add romantic character...or something... And a few friends told me that either they, or others, had similar damage to the face one way or another and it scarred almost not at all, especially when a plastic surgeon gave it attention. If I were a man, it would just look awesome and manly, but I'm not. :S

Anyone have any recommendations about lessening such scars - ie. I've heard vitamin E cream is good? Or just saying something to help me feel better!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Eh, fuck it. Vanity sucks. I'd wear it proudly if it were me.

Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I do kind of like the fact that it looks like a sword cut. Romantic. I could still do without it though. But it's not massively disfiguring or anything.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I don't think any male will notice. We are notoriously lacking in detail-orientedness
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

It probably won't have any effect on your attractiveness in either direction. And if somebody has a romantic interest in you they will not only not mind but might actually associate it with you and love it for being a part of you.

Basically, it adds character and makes you even more unique.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'm told that oil of evening primrose and vitamin E are both good for scarring. I never tried on mine though.
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I don't think any male will notice. We are notoriously lacking in detail-orientedness
    Haha. Good to hear. I think/hope it will either be not very noticeable at all, or just the "good story" kind of scar. I do have a funny collection of scars - especially the one on my thumb where a horse bit me!

It's weird how pretty much instantly, when I realised my eyes, nose etc were ok, I was like "oh nooooo I don't want a scar on my face." Didn't know I was so vain.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post

It's weird how pretty much instantly, when I realised my eyes, nose etc were ok, I was like "oh nooooo I don't want a scar on my face." Didn't know I was so vain.
    It is weird, isn't it. I never ever thought I'd be bothered about scarring, have always thought it's pretty cool. But I found I really wasn't happy when it happened. (And mine isn't even on my face.)
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Philosorapteuse View Post
    It is weird, isn't it. I never ever thought I'd be bothered about scarring, have always thought it's pretty cool. But I found I really wasn't happy when it happened. (And mine isn't even on my face.)
    The other scars I have are tiny and need to be pointed out (the horse bite one is occasionally worth pointing out for the story.) I did have one chicken pox scar on my face when younger - it was the only one which was really nasty and got slightly infected - but partly concealed by my eyebrow and I think it has now faded completely. I seem to be a person who heals up nicely anyway.

I also got a tetanus shot - might have had one in the past but certainly more than ten years ago - and antibiotics for several days just on the chance the thing that cut me could cause infection. (Though no sign of anything like that.) They do things thoroughly and that's nice. I didn't expect the hospital to take so much trouble really.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah. All hail the NHS.