• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Facial scars :(

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
47s get ridiculously hot.. I've had a few weapons 'run away' before (when you shoot so much on a gas-cooled weapon that it starts to automatically fire bullets even though you don't pull the trigger.. it happens more-so to machine guns when you don't change the barrel like you're suppose to..) when we were trying to get rid of ammo after a range. It's a pretty cool experience, seeing a barrel turn white from the heat.. its not good for the weapon but :shrug: still cool to do once or twice.
IIRC, SOP for stuff like M60s, M240s, etc. is to twist the belt to make it jam when you want it to stop.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like them. And I doubt men will care.

And, yes, they make for GREAT conversation. I definitely think you should tell people that you were in a sword fight. :D

Lark

And, yes, they make for GREAT conversation. I definitely think you should tell people that you were in a sword fight. :D

Exactly, there's a romantic aspect to it. Adds character.

To be honest SilkRoad is pretty beautiful besides and what about her intellect, pose and personality? This minor but interesting scrape shouldnt be gotten out of perspective :)

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I had a lot of luck with the medicated "patches" (har har) like this:

44315.jpg

I've had several surgeries on my foot/leg. I applied those to them and the scars are barely noticeable - and I haven a tendency to scar pretty badly. Obviously you could probably only wear them when you're at home. I'm guessing you won't want to run around outside with a giant sheet on your face.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have one on my knee (motorcycle accident) and people ask me about it. They usually express sympathy. It's funny because the same knee will soon be going in for surgery for something else..so mine is planned and I'm not worried about it. I wouldn't worry at all about it. Scars are interesting.

Do you like hearing the stories behind them?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was listening to a fascinating conversation on NPR with a woman who we missing an arm who deliberately went to great lengths not to let others know she was missing an ATM because she didn't want to be labeled off the bat as "the one-armed girl." It was quite hilarious! In fact she related one account of getting to second base with a guy without him realizing :laugh: (college boy + topless girl = not looking at your fucking arm :laugh: ). Anyhow, she said one guy she cared about a lot rejected her for NOT telling her sooner because he thought it was disrespectful of her to assume he would be that shallow. So SR... I don't think your situation is very grave and I would encourage you to be non-self conscious so you can find the people you click with however, if you felt the need I guess you could use makeup to cover up/minimize the scar because I understand how debilitating these kinds of things can be particularly for women. I hardly think a 1" scar would be that severe though

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
IIRC, SOP for stuff like M60s, M240s, etc. is to twist the belt to make it jam when you want it to stop.

:laugh: When you're trying to get rid of the ammo in the first place it seems like a blessing almost to have it shooting itself.. you just hold it steady and let it fire. I wasn't trying to stop it.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was listening to a fascinating conversation on NPR with a woman who we missing an arm who deliberately went to great lengths not to let others know she was missing an ATM because she didn't want to be labeled off the bat as "the one-armed girl." It was quite hilarious! In fact she related one account of getting to second base with a guy without him realizing :laugh: (college boy + topless girl = not looking at your fucking arm :laugh: ). Anyhow, she said one guy she cared about a lot rejected her for NOT telling her sooner because he thought it was disrespectful of her to assume he would be that shallow. So SR... I don't think your situation is very grave and I would encourage you to be non-self conscious so you can find the people you click with however, if you felt the need I guess you could use makeup to cover up/minimize the scar because I understand how debilitating these kinds of things can be particularly for women. I hardly think a 1" scar would be that severe though

Yeah - I suspect I was just really freaked out at first by the concept of a scarred face. Realistically I think there won't be much of a scar once it's healed properly, and even if it's somewhat noticeable it'll be more on the "interesting" than the "ugly" side.

It's good to get perspective too. There have even been people in this thread who've suffered much worse injuries/scarring than anything this is likely to produce and they're doing just fine - let alone missing a limb, which would be extraordinarily life-changing in so many difficult ways.

I had my little bit of "plastic surgery" today (still amazed the NHS offered me a plastic surgeon!!). It was very minor of course but it was still proper "surgery" (as in they prepped me the way they do and it was on an operating table etc.) I was a bit wee bit freaked out simply because up till now I've had NO surgery. Plus the waiting around was a drag... I suddenly have tons more respect and sympathy for people who frequently go through surgery which is actually major. (Or even lots of minor surgery, not nice either.)

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yeah - I suspect I was just really freaked out at first by the concept of a scarred face. Realistically I think there won't be much of a scar once it's healed properly, and even if it's somewhat noticeable it'll be more on the "interesting" than the "ugly" side.

It's good to get perspective too. There have even been people in this thread who've suffered much worse injuries/scarring than anything this is likely to produce and they're doing just fine - let alone missing a limb, which would be extraordinarily life-changing in so many difficult ways.

I had my little bit of "plastic surgery" today (still amazed the NHS offered me a plastic surgeon!!). It was very minor of course but it was still proper "surgery" (as in they prepped me the way they do and it was on an operating table etc.) I was a bit wee bit freaked out simply because up till now I've had NO surgery. Plus the waiting around was a drag... I suddenly have tons more respect and sympathy for people who frequently go through surgery which is actually major. (Or even lots of minor surgery, not nice either.)

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP

I know someone who actually does have a facial scar from a sword-fight. Reenactor. :D