First 23456 Last

Thread: Facial scars :(

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You wouldn't need plastic surgery unless you wanted to reshape your facial structure. More than likely scar removal would be done by laser. And you'd have better results than whom it's usually suited for - people who want to lessen acne scarring. Since your scar is just a straight line and probably isn't affecting the "level" or texture of the skin, it'll be even easier to fix.

I don't mean to repeat anything that's probably said before. I've only read the OP.
    It's not really "plastic surgery" but it is being done tomorrow (when I say "done" I mean cleaned/sewed up/glued or whatever they do) by the plastics unit. I really thought they would just give me stitches right then but they said this way it will lessen the chances of scarring. I am impressed they offered me this - though it does mean I have to go in at 7:30 and be prepared to wait for hours (obviously it won't be their biggest priority of the day.)

I live in a country with public health care, so I'm all good.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    It IS! I can't help but get all prideful when people ask about what happened to my knuckle or my wrist bone. Im like "WELL! Im glad you noticed! Gather round children!"

47s get ridiculously hot.. I've had a few weapons 'run away' before (when you shoot so much on a gas-cooled weapon that it starts to automatically fire bullets even though you don't pull the trigger.. it happens more-so to machine guns when you don't change the barrel like you're suppose to..) when we were trying to get rid of ammo after a range. It's a pretty cool experience, seeing a barrel turn white from the heat.. its not good for the weapon but still cool to do once or twice. The brass landing on you right after firing a round is worse than the weapon itself though. I've seen some pretty rad scars from people having it fall down their shirt collar and getting trapped and pushed into their skin. Its like a branding.

Also, I've told my sister who has a rad scar down her forearm on both sides she could do scarification to her arm.. a design in it and around it might make it more feminine and pretty looking.
    I love that you can't resist making the rifle sort of explode a little.. that's fucking awesome, I'm actually laughing.

Scarification, hmm.. I bet I could easily make my scar look like a backward percent % symbol.. maybe I'll draw that on with eyeliner and ask my doctor what she thinks at my next followup, just to give her a fright for a moment- NOOO MY WORK! YOU MUSTN'T RUIN MY WORRRRRK! *she grabs a scalpel, & locks the exam room door*

I dig your recommendation for your sister, though- I've seen that stuff done on some friends, it actually looks cool.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I love that you can't resist making the rifle sort of explode a little.. that's fucking awesome, I'm actually laughing.

Scarification, hmm.. I bet I could easily make my scar look like a backward percent % symbol.. maybe I'll draw that on with eyeliner and ask my doctor what she thinks at my next followup, just to give her a fright for a moment- NOOO MY WORK! YOU MUSTN'T RUIN MY WORRRRRK! *she grabs a scalpel, & locks the exam room door*

I dig your recommendation for your sister, though- I've seen that stuff done on some friends, it actually looks cool.
    I could see your doctor's sudden frown.. "I told her that Jack is a bad influence!"

Yeah, her scar is on both sides of her forearm--rather large and runs the entire length from elbow to wrist. A good artist could turn that into some incredibly complex henna-like designs, or turn it into lightning bolts running along her arm or something. If I had a huge scar like that, I think I'd do that for sure if I ever thought it looked 'ugly' on me. My sister used to wear arm warmers everywhere because she didn't like it for the first year.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I could see your doctor's sudden frown.. "I told her that Jack is a bad influence!"

Yeah, her scar is on both sides of her forearm--rather large and runs the entire length from elbow to wrist. A good artist could turn that into some incredibly complex henna-like designs, or turn it into lightning bolts running along her arm or something. If I had a huge scar like that, I think I'd do that for sure if I ever thought it looked 'ugly' on me. My sister used to wear arm warmers everywhere because she didn't like it for the first year.
    Whatever she does with 'em.. I bet there's a killer story about them, all the same.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

hotness

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'm thinking about getting a zip-pull tattoo at the top of my big scar. Or possibly an "ACCESS RESTRICTED" stamp. Or both. I keep meaning to get it done in henna to see whether I like it, but never seem to get around to it...
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

MBTI
    INFP

People don't notice. I have a scar between the middle of my upper lip to the beginning of my nose (so, above my lip) from splitting it on a hose valve when I was three. A plastic surgeon stitched me up. If anything, It makes me happy because it's unique. Don't stress.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Scars are interesting. In my opinion it represents a certain resilience of the individual. It's a conversation starter, something that can be talked about, and something to learn from.

WALMART

i had something to say,

but now that i'm here i cannot remember.

scars are cool.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I don't think any male will notice. We are notoriously lacking in detail-orientedness
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    It probably won't have any effect on your attractiveness in either direction. And if somebody has a romantic interest in you they will not only not mind but might actually associate it with you and love it for being a part of you.

Basically, it adds character and makes you even more unique.
    Bless you both for saying such things. :bows:
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season