User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which are better athletes, thinkers or feelers?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thinkers

11 39.29%
  • Feelers

3 10.71%
  • They are equally good, just in different ways/areas.

14 50.00%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

At what sport?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

not related obviously.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Being good at something is mostly a result of practice. A tendency to practice at certain things and a liking for certain types of competitive environments could generally be associated with type I suppose. But, it is pretty loose kind of association and doesn't really point to talent at sport.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I had a really good ENFP friend in wrestling during high school. No one on the team could touch the passion he had for the sport. That's gotta count for something.

I also think Aryton Senna maybe was an ENFP, and he was also very passionate. Possibly an ENTP.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I had a really good ENFP friend in wrestling during high school. No one on the team could touch the passion he had for the sport. That's gotta count for something.

I also think Aryton Senna maybe was an ENFP, and he was also very passionate. Possibly an ENTP.
    Ayrton is one of my favorite athletes ever...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Ayrton is one of my favorite athletes ever...
    It's hard not to admire him
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Being good at something is mostly a result of practice. A tendency to practice at certain things and a liking for certain types of competitive environments could generally be associated with type I suppose. But, it is pretty loose kind of association and doesn't really point to talent at sport.
    I guess that's an indirect cause towards sports. I know I would spend hours, right after school, just shooting hoops by myself. And if my mom called me in, I'd push it until it was dark and she'd get mad. That might be a common SP thing. And the more it happens, the better those kids get.

I wouldn't doubt a Ne type could be a great athlete though, but I wonder what sparks it. I kind of suspect Tony Hawk is ENTP, and he just applied his thoughts to something like skateboarding (and the industry surrounding it).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

To tell the truth, if you look at the best athletes, you won't really see much difference in how good they are based on the T and F. It seems to me that the best athletes are Se users.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Interesting. I wonder about which things you can correlate with type and which you can't. Obviously the way the question is phrased elicits a value judgment, which is not the underlying question. People apply typology to career choice, hobbies, relationship behaviors, etc., but where do you stop? What couldn't you apply it to, and why? Could you potentially apply it to everything in some small way? I agree with the Se bit. I should make a thread about typology application to see what people think.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Interesting. I wonder about which things you can correlate with type and which you can't. Obviously the way the question is phrased elicits a value judgment, which is not the underlying question. People apply typology to career choice, hobbies, relationship behaviors, etc., but where do you stop? What couldn't you apply it to, and why? Could you potentially apply it to everything in some small way? I agree with the Se bit. I should make a thread about typology application to see what people think.
    There have already been threads about this. Also, on a random note, I thought TJ's make the best office administrators.