User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned

Default Finding hair in your food.

How do you react when finding hair in your food? do you pick it out and continue eating? do you vomit? overreact? I usually end up throwing away my entire plate.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

It grosses me out but no so much as to toss the plate. So I stop, pull it out, throw up a little in my throat and then continue eating.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

If I'm in a restaurant, I return dat shit.

But if I'm at home and I know it's mine, it's mostly just 'lol whoops' and I remove the hair from my plate. And then I eat my food.

MBTI
    INFJ

If it looks like a clean hair, discreetly remove it and continue. Hair itself is inert and won't hurt the food unless something came in on the hair.

Anew Leaf

Hair in my food is only surpassed by dirty bathrooms in terms of what grosses me out the most.

I pretty much can't eat anymore of the food. Even if it's my own hair, I can't deal. Even thinking about this I want to gag. I have a story and no one needs to hear it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

At first I am like , but then I remove it and keep eating. Wasting food & having to wait even more doesn't sound like a good idea (imo).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The only time I've found it is when it was hair I recognized. I just toss it out and continue eating. Never had this at a resteraunt.

Is there really any disease you can can get from eating hair if it's been properly cooked according to FDA recommendations?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Finding hair in my food makes me feel embarrassed for the cook, so I remove it as casually as possible and keep eating. I don't want anybody other than myself to even become aware of the fact that there was hair in my food.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Finding hair in my food makes me feel embarrassed for the cook, so I remove it as casually as possible and keep eating. I don't want anybody other than myself to even become aware of the fact that there was hair in my food.
    haha really? I was at a restaurant last week and saw a fairly long piece of hair in my food about 3 inches. I knew it wasn't mine because I have a shaved head, so I called the waiter and told him. The restaurant manager came to apologize to me and I really didn't care I just wanted a different plate so they took back the food and let me order something different.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    If I'm in a restaurant, I return dat shit.

But if I'm at home and I know it's mine, it's mostly just 'lol whoops' and I remove the hair from my plate. And then I eat my food.
    This. That 'ish could be a pube for all I know and then it makes me wonder what else is in there.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”