User Tag List

First 1234 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Never had it happen in food I haven't cooked. I guess I'd be a little grossed out - in a restaurant I might send it back or ask for a refund since it implies low health standards in general, and that worries me more than the hair itself. At a friend's I'd probably be very mildly grossed out but say nothing out of politeness.

Happens fairly often with my own hair or cat hair and I'm completely indifferent. I'll pick it out if I'm paying attention but really not a big deal.
    -end of thread-

Hair isn't really something that grosses me out. Stray hairs are probably everywhere. I'd seperate a section of food maybe. Not throw something out. If it was a fingernail, I wouldn't eat it.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Pinker85 View Post
    Not an issue. I just move it off to the side. It seems natural that hair is going to end up in food. I mean all precautions should be taken so that hair doesn't end up in food, but when it happens, I don't see the big issue. It isn't like finding a massive log of fecal matter. I lived pretty rough for a while in developing countries. During that period I'd take meals from whomever would give them to me . . . if there was hair, bits of roach, etc. I wasn't going to complain. I think the whole experience has made me really tolerant of non-traditional food items found in my food. It just seems, truth be told, wasteful to throw out food because you find one single hair. If I was at a restaurant I'd finish the food and show the hair to the manager afterward as a prompt to get on their staff about wearing their hairnets.
    It's funny because at the same time I told my waiter to exchange my plate I felt bad because I knew a whole tray of food went to waste. For me it's not even the hair that's the issue its the restaurants responsibility to keep their foods sanitary.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Hair isn't really something that grosses me out. Stray hairs are probably everywhere. I'd seperate a section of food maybe. Not throw something out. If it was a fingernail, I wouldn't eat it.
    I've had other peoples hair go in my mouth in jiu-jitsu while rolling which is much more disgusting. I've also got other peoples blood in my mouth and lips. Yet when I go to a restaurant I don't wanna see hair in my food funny how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    For me it's not even the hair that's the issue its the restaurants responsibility to keep their foods sanitary.
    ^this.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yeah... I've generally been paranoid that if there's hair in my food the other precautions for food safety may be lax as well... or there's also the fear that there may be more hair in my food and I will choke on it and die or something

if it's at home I don't care because I know what the kitchen is like and the level of sanitation
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

WALMART

the only time ive gotten grossed out was when i ate at this place called the sandwich garden.

first hair grossed me out, but their food is so good i picked it out to keep eating. then i found another one. i opened the sandwich and found a third one.

i returned it and got my money back. ive been eating there a good while but i dont think ill be going back.

If it's been cooked at home, I don't really care, I just pick it out and push it off the plate and that's that. While in a restaurant, it depends on my mood, sometimes I ask the wait staff to replace my order and sometimes I just roll with it. I find it mildly unpleasant, not totally disgusting.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

pubic hair? or hair from the head? hair from the head, fine. pubic hair, no.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

its just a hair

i just take it off and continue eating. but if it looks like some hippie shaved his head on my food, then it might be bit gross
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read