User Tag List

First 1234 Last

In response to my initial post... it's interesting, now that I've taken exercise physiology since then, I would probably say that I wasn't eating enough carbs that week, since my activity and intensity levels were a lot higher than average, but I don't know if I was eating enough to account for that increased intensity.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Ftr, I am 100% northern italian and can drink milk and eat dairy without farting at all...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Ftr, I am 100% northern italian and can drink milk and eat dairy without farting at all...
    Italians are a mix of many peoples, not least of all scandinavian and other germanic peoples.
    Especially in the north, where you come from.
    Lombards, vandals, normans (vikings), germans during the Holy Roman Empire etc.
    It's not so strange that you can tolerate it if you inherited the gene.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    Italians are a mix of many peoples, not least of all scandinavian and other germanic peoples.
    Especially in the north, where you come from.
    Lombards, vandals, normans (vikings), germans during the Holy Roman Empire etc.
    It's not so strange that you can tolerate it if you inherited the gene.
    Well, the best cheese usually comes from the regions around the alps. And in those regions, most people are dark haired, dark-eyed, and relatively short. So I think there is an "alpine" substratum which might be responsible for that, rather than anything nordic.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well, the best cheese usually comes from the regions around the alps. And in those regions, most people are dark haired, dark-eyed, and relatively short. So I think there is an "alpine" substratum which might be responsible for that, rather than anything nordic.
    I was under the impression that there generally isn't much lactose in cheese?
    Is there any basis for alpine populations tolerating lactose better than average?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ----

quality protein shakes grommy. high protein yoghurt. i loved this brand while i was in the states http://www.skyr.com/
    nuts. quinoa. dark leafies. blah blah

love this site - not vego, but lots of great ideas and non meaty recipes http://www.thehealthychef.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

???? He doesn't look "predominantly black" to me. IMO he definitely looks mixed. I'd say looks more latino or prominently European than black.

Just look at this picture with Michael Strahan (who mostly likely has a white ancestor or two himself). 2008+ESPY+Awards+After+Party+7ym3E_K5sMwl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    ???? He doesn't look "predominantly black" to me. IMO he definitely looks mixed. I'd say looks more latino or prominently European than black.

Just look at this picture with Michael Strahan (who mostly likely has a white ancestor or two himself). 2008+ESPY+Awards+After+Party+7ym3E_K5sMwl.jpg
    You're clearly right. But to racists, 1% black is black.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Mike Tyson is now vegan. You can look up lists of vegetarian and Vegan athletes on Wikipedia, lots of people are vegetarian now.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    I was under the impression that there generally isn't much lactose in cheese?
    Is there any basis for alpine populations tolerating lactose better than average?
    There's casein in cheese. Northern European people formed an adaptation to milk out of necessity (living in cold climates)....the vast majority of adults in the world who do not have this ancestry are lactose intolerant.