User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: oh sh!t...

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I DO keep properly nourished!
    That's not what I meant.
    A lot of people use calcium/magnesium supplements at night, since they can have a calming effect on the nervous system.

Stop caring about so much. Or at least, block the minor problems out. I for one fall to sleep quickly.

I don't know what's going on in your life, but since you're avoiding drugs, this is the only advice I have. When you're taking something that makes you relaxed, like getting drunk, sleeping pills, anti anxiety meds, smoking weed, you stop giving a shit too. You're just kind of floating. But I think it can done without any of it. It's not something you can just turn on and off though. It's a way of life.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That's not what I meant.
    A lot of people use calcium/magnesium supplements at night, since they can have a calming effect on the nervous system.
    oh... I didn't know that! I've just been slightly paranoid about extra anything after reading a list of side effects of overdoses of various vitamins and minerals when I was a kid (I was a weird kid)

I've considered just staying up until I crash... did it before, slept for 26 hours straight though

anything to prevent me from having to actively think "you're in public, don't drool"
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Stop caring about so much. Or at least, block the minor problems out. I for one fall to sleep quickly.

I don't know what's going on in your life, but since you're avoiding drugs, this is the only advice I have. When you're taking something that makes you relaxed, like getting drunk, sleeping pills, anti anxiety meds, smoking weed, you stop giving a shit too. You're just kind of floating. But I think it can done without any of it. It's not something you can just turn on and off though. It's a way of life.
    yeah, I'm not that sure that I want to go with any type of mind altering substance... I like them a bit too much I guess... that feeling of detachment is like a fucking vacation from my life and I just want to stay and go native

finding the balance of not caring and caring is the difficult part... there's too many things on the front burner and none of them can really be moved back without spilling and scalding me... just need to figure out how to turn the stove down...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I do find it habit forming... a pack a day worth of habit forming
    Different kind of smoke.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I have this same problem. I used to take benedryl at night and then drink a shit ton of espresso in the morning just to clear the fog. That was after failed experiences with melatonin, ambien, and alcohol (the latter was just a bad idea.)

The only way I've been able to solve this is by doing very strenuous exercise during the day. Like, either hard physical labor of some kind or high-impact exercise. Otherwise I have too much energy. I guess it needs to be burned away or else it's there to stay.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Different kind of smoke.
    oh, that type has always made me nauseous, which makes me wonder if I'm a defective model of humanity!

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I have this same problem. I used to take benedryl at night and then drink a shit ton of espresso in the morning just to clear the fog. That was after failed experiences with melatonin, ambien, and alcohol (the latter was just a bad idea.)

The only way I've been able to solve this is by doing very strenuous exercise during the day. Like, either hard physical labor of some kind or high-impact exercise. Otherwise I have too much energy. I guess it needs to be burned away or else it's there to stay.
    I get plenty of exercise during the day to the point where I'm physically tired... I suspect that my brain thinks that it should be put to bed like I used to do so, and I kind of think I need to cut out that sort of activity

MBTI
    yupp

have the man knock you upside the head with a skillet

side effect:head ache and possible brain damage.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

melatonin is totally natural and if you need something to wean you off of ambien, do it...ambien is a nightmare that can ruin your life, I've read so many horror stories; it's not as bad to take something like trazadone as a sleep aid, but that can still be a problem because it's not a natural substance like melatonin

Melatonin actually has some health benefits, and it's definitely better for you than nyquil.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've only taken it, at regular doses, for a couple of weeks... it's not like I've been abusing the shit out of it or anything

however, I decided to read up on the pharmacology behind how it works and just read that I'm in one of the few categories of people who really shouldn't be taking it thanks to similarities in neural pathways with other things

I really don't care to actually TAKE anything in order to function, natural or not... going that pathway in life has not served me all that well in the past, so I have no real desire to repeat it... that's why I'm taking precautions early in this case

and if I wanted to wake up with a splitting headache I'd start drinking again, ms chickenz!