• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you "warm blooded" or "cold blooded"?

• warm, Ti user (user= dom/aux)

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • warm, Fi user

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • warm, Te user

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • warm, Fe user

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • warm, male

• warm, female

• cold, Ti user

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • cold, Fi user

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • cold, Te user

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • cold, Fe user

• cold, male

• cold, female

Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Meaning, is your body temperature heavily dependent on your external environment, or does it stay pretty constant?

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i am warm warm warm. my ex called me a heat-seeking missile as i like to be enveloped in as much warmth as possible.

i can generate it for myself and others, however. it tends to adjust to my environment. a doctor recently told me that i have a combination of very low blood pressure and extremely fast metabolism. this would be handy in situations like Tolstoy's "Master and Man."

i guess i'm sayin i'm a top.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm normally very influenced by the environment, and almost always tend toward the cold side. Once I'm cold it takes a long time to get warm again. The heat rarely makes me uncomfortable. When it's so hot it feels like you're swimming through the sun and even your bones are melting. Ahhhh bliss.
Perhaps I'm feeling a touch of nostalgia... it is winter here after all.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool. I wonder if this is correlated somehow with being extroverted or introverted? Like introverts tend to be more cold natured/cold blooded? I'm pretty cold blooded myself, though I'm also cold natured. I mostly don't mind heat, but if I get too hot I can cool down quickly if I go into the air conditioning. I take hot showers even in the summer, and I hate jumping into cold swimming pools. If I get really hot running in the summer, by the time I've gotten inside and ready to jump into the shower I've already cooled down.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Used to be pretty warm-blooded before i fiddled with my biochemistry...now i definitely feel more cold-blooded.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think this is type related. I can be either "cold" or "warm" blooded depending. If I had to choose I say I lean more towards cold.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I guess I'm cold blooded because I'm very sensitive to weather, and I hate extreme heat and extreme cold, but don't mind anything ranging from moderate heat down to a slightly drizzly chill.

I do hate when people turn their air conditioner up too high, or over-use air conditioning.

I've been told that my butt was cold before, lol, like the chill of an outer environment will actually make my heinie feel cool to the touch. I've heard this is common in women, though, for whatever reason.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think this is type related. I can be either "cold" or "warm" blooded depending. If I had to choose I say I lean more towards cold.

Doesn't this just mean if you're warm blooded you stay consistently warm or emanate more body heat, and cold blooded mammals change according to environment, so cold blooded people would be more sensitive to external heat and cold, and may not emanate as much heat.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess I'm cold blooded because I'm very sensitive to weather, and I hate extreme heat and extreme cold, but don't mind anything ranging from moderate heat down to a slightly drizzly chill.

I do hate when people turn their air conditioner up too high, or over-use air conditioning.

I've been told that my butt was cold before, lol, like the chill of an outer environment will actually make my heinie feel cool to the touch. I've heard this is common in women, though, for whatever reason.

Haha. I do think it is more common for women to get cold easily, because they have less muscle. Not quite the same question though. It's probably not type related; but it seems like being physically sensitive to the environment could be.

Doesn't this just mean if you're warm blooded you stay consistently warm or emanate more body heat, and cold blooded mammals change according to environment, so cold blooded people would be more sensitive to external heat and cold, and may not emanate as much heat.
Exactly.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hard to say. Probably closer to cold-blooded, though I'm definitely more tolerant of extreme cold than extreme heat (humidity).

wolfy

awsm
It could be related to type. One popular question is do you value your cool headed approach to problems or your warm sympathetic approach? Possibly there is a biochemical reaction to emotional processes causing internal heat and metabolism to increase.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It could be related to type. One popular question is do you value your cool headed approach to problems or your warm sympathetic approach? Possibly there is a biochemical reaction to emotional processes causing internal heat and metabolism to increase.

Yeah I was thinking this. In the thread about which is more "robotic," INTP's or INTJ's someone says INTJ's appear cold but are warm inside, and INTP's appear warm but are cold inside. So of course I wondered if there was some truth to taking it literally.

wolfy

awsm
Yeah I was thinking this. In the thread about which is more "robotic," INTP's or INTJ's someone says INTJ's appear cold but are warm inside, and INTP's appear warm but are cold inside. So of course I wondered if there was some truth to taking it literally.

I doubt there is, but it's a pretty fun concept to play with.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I doubt there's much to it either.
I don't know which I am... Maybe slightly more cold blooded but I just feel pretty steady. I don't like it too hot or too cold an I'm not always cold or always hot. I've known people who were one or the other usually and I don't think I am.

If I had to choose one I'd prefer to be hot probably.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Warm blooded. Everyone here is warm blooded. Unless your a reptile or amphibian, you're biological body tempature doesn't change with the weather. It's not realted to the psyche other.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Warm blooded. Everyone here is warm blooded. Unless your a reptile or amphibian, you're biological body tempature doesn't change with the weather. It's not realted to the psyche other.

People do tend to have slightly higher or lower body temperatures from the "norm" though. :D

I've been known to be fairly warm to the touch even in colder weather.

But meh, even with that, I like 70 degrees+ F weather more.