User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you "warm blooded" or "cold blooded"?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • warm, Ti user (user= dom/aux)

    4 9.52%
  • warm, Fi user

    1 2.38%
  • warm, Te user

    5 11.90%
  • warm, Fe user

    2 4.76%
  • warm, male

    4 9.52%
  • warm, female

    2 4.76%
  • cold, Ti user

    10 23.81%
  • cold, Fi user

    14 33.33%
  • cold, Te user

    4 9.52%
  • cold, Fe user

    2 4.76%
  • cold, male

    4 9.52%
  • cold, female

    16 38.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 71

  1. #51
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    I am rather cold blooded. I get very cold in winter, but I can sometimes instantly warm up if I exercise. Though being athletic doesn't make me any less cold natured over the long term. I can get very hot when I'm active. It's kind of annoying; I dress in a lot of layers in cold weather. If I'm sitting in class I'll get cold, but then when I'm walking to the next one I'll get hot and have to take everything off. Then put it back on 10 minutes later. I never exercise outside in cold weather, because breathing in cold air burns my lungs and gives me a cough. In the summer I'm totally fine if I can be in the shade and stay hydrated. I definitely prefer hot weather to cold, since I'm better at cooling myself off than warming up. I never take cold showers. Very hot showers, even in the summer. Sometimes if I've gone running in the heat and feel like I'm about to melt, I'll feel like jumping into the pool, but by the time I've gotten inside and drunk water and taken my clothes off, I'll have already cooled down. Hot water is cleansing. And in winter I absolutely need it to warm up in the morning and get loosened up. I've been so cold that I was still freezing under multiple blankets and a sleeping bag, and then took a hot shower and was fine under a few. Also I hate cold water, and it takes me forever to get into a swimming pool, no matter how hot it is.

    Blood type: O+

  2. #52
    Dali
    Guest

    Default

    I used to be warm-blooded then I dropped 30 pounds and got slim and now I CAN NOT stand the cold. It's now our cold season here (temps drop to lows of 10 - 12C) and I'm always in a trench-coat. I visited Europe during the autumn once and nearly died. At least, that's what it felt like. I can't even begin to fathom snow.

  3. #53
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I am rather cold blooded. I get very cold in winter, but I can sometimes instantly warm up if I exercise. Though being athletic doesn't make me any less cold natured over the long term. I can get very hot when I'm active. It's kind of annoying; I dress in a lot of layers in cold weather. If I'm sitting in class I'll get cold, but then when I'm walking to the next one I'll get hot and have to take everything off. Then put it back on 10 minutes later. I never exercise outside in cold weather, because breathing in cold air burns my lungs and gives me a cough. In the summer I'm totally fine if I can be in the shade and stay hydrated. I definitely prefer hot weather to cold, since I'm better at cooling myself off than warming up. I never take cold showers. Very hot showers, even in the summer. Sometimes if I've gone running in the heat and feel like I'm about to melt, I'll feel like jumping into the pool, but by the time I've gotten inside and drunk water and taken my clothes off, I'll have already cooled down. Hot water is cleansing. And in winter I absolutely need it to warm up in the morning and get loosened up. I've been so cold that I was still freezing under multiple blankets and a sleeping bag, and then took a hot shower and was fine under a few. Also I hate cold water, and it takes me forever to get into a swimming pool, no matter how hot it is.

    Blood type: O+
    I'm kind of the same as this, though I still would rather have extreme cold than extreme heat if humidity is involved.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  4. #54
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I'm kind of the same as this, though I still would rather have extreme cold than extreme heat if humidity is involved.
    You don't like the feeling of constantly sweating?

    I have lived through sub tropical humid summers. Not too bad. IF YOU HAVE A/C otherwise you are fuuuuuuuged. I prefer that to DC humidity which is this strange noxious swamp sweat variety. Very gross. Still can't decide whether I prefer that to freezing winters. I wore a miniskirt and tights once in what felt like 15 degree weather. I was on back of a school bus with no heat and my legs had literally gotten cold to the bone. They weren't frozen but the feeling was really odd trying to stand up.

    Yeah I prefer the heat. When it gets cold it feels like I'm drying up for hibernation. At least when it's warm I'm still alive. ---> DEEP THOUGHTS
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  5. #55
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,716

    Default

    If I HAD to choose between the extremes.. I'd have to pick extreme cold over extreme humidity/heat, too. I drove my car when it was up in the 90s.. thing has no a/c.. was oppressively humid out. Car overheats easily in heavy traffic, so I had to keep the heat on to cool the engine. I had little battery powered fans taped to the dashboard to try to offset it. I even jammed freeze packs from my mini cooler of food/water down the front/back of my shirt when I was more or less trapped in highway gridlock. Nothing was evaporating my sweat, though. Nothing could cool me down, my asthma inhaler wasn't really helping much.. I've blacked out at rest stops from shit like that.

    Ultimately I can at least bury myself in coats and be able to function, albeit the extreme cold makes me achey. I'll take aches over heat exhaustion any day. Plus being sweaty for extended periods of time feels vile/gross/filthy, to me... I'm pretty neurotic about my hygiene, though.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  6. #56
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    I don't like a lot of heat + humidity, but I can deal with it better than extreme cold. As long as I have showers or a body of water close by. Water balances it all out. Heat with no way of bathing is the worst, although when is that ever really the case?

    Being so cold you can't sleep and having to just doze in a chair by the campfire until morning can be really frustrating too. But that's the human experience, no? Our prehistoric ancestors dealt with much worse, and it was all magical. I kind of felt that way that night around the fire. Several of us were huddled there, and it was at an Ostara gathering, and I felt like we were kind of like family, like in a tribe in a cave; when the sun finally came up, it was so beautiful. I felt for the first time what it was to really need the sun, and connect that with hope. I know that's how prehistoric people felt thousands of years ago, on the spring equinox no less, except more intense. Trippy. Spiritual diversion...

    So in conclusion, I prefer warmth, but I like everything because it's experiencing life and nature directly.

  7. #57
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    You don't like the feeling of constantly sweating?

    I have lived through sub tropical humid summers. Not too bad. IF YOU HAVE A/C otherwise you are fuuuuuuuged. I prefer that to DC humidity which is this strange noxious swamp sweat variety. Very gross. Still can't decide whether I prefer that to freezing winters. I wore a miniskirt and tights once in what felt like 15 degree weather. I was on back of a school bus with no heat and my legs had literally gotten cold to the bone. They weren't frozen but the feeling was really odd trying to stand up.

    Yeah I prefer the heat. When it gets cold it feels like I'm drying up for hibernation. At least when it's warm I'm still alive. ---> DEEP THOUGHTS
    I used to say I preferred heat, but that was until I experienced the pure hell that was Houston summers. I didn't even live there (my family did, until they couldn't take Texas any more), but when I would visit I could hardly function. My general rule now is that if my glasses fog up, I can't be there for too long.

    That hibernation feeling is shitty (and I'm pretty sure I have some sort of seasonal affective disorder, too), but extreme humidity makes me feel sluggish and useless in a different, more exhausting way.

    To sum it all up: frozen corpse > swamp ass.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  8. #58
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    When I first saw the scream, the first thing I had assumed was that the individual in the picture's hands were cold and were held to his face to keep them warm. I'm used to holding my arms, face or neck to keep my hands warm.

  9. #59
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Yeah humidity sucks because it removes your natural ability to cool yourself by sweating. Sweat cools you when it evaporates but it can't evaporate if you are WET because of damp air, which is why it just sits there on your skin and you stay hot and miserable.

  10. #60
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    i believe i can say with a fair degree of certainty that homo sapiens are warm blooded beings.



    yes, i'm choosing to ignore the intent of the thread. sorry.

Similar Threads

  1. Are You the Lion, the Witch or the Wardrobe?
    By angelgirl in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-24-2017, 11:38 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2014, 10:55 PM
  3. Are you a Realist, a Liberal, or a Constructivist?
    By cogdecree in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 09:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO