• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you "warm blooded" or "cold blooded"?

• warm, Ti user (user= dom/aux)

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • warm, Fi user

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • warm, Te user

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • warm, Fe user

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • warm, male

• warm, female

• cold, Ti user

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • cold, Fi user

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • cold, Te user

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • cold, Fe user

• cold, male

• cold, female

Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It was 80F this morning in DC, but with the humidity it was worse than 95F without humidity.

Humidity sucks.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
Right now it's 91F and it's raining. It feels like heaven! I love heat and humidity.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Meaning, is your body temperature heavily dependent on your external environment, or does it stay pretty constant?

Cold.

If it's under 55F, I need long sleeves.

If its under 46F, it's just too damn cold. Particularly if it's windy.

Anything over 70F is too hot though. I'm a 60s sort.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I guess I'm cold blooded because I'm very sensitive to weather, and I hate extreme heat and extreme cold, but don't mind anything ranging from moderate heat down to a slightly drizzly chill.

I do hate when people turn their air conditioner up too high, or over-use air conditioning.

I've been told that my butt was cold before, lol, like the chill of an outer environment will actually make my heinie feel cool to the touch. I've heard this is common in women, though, for whatever reason.

I've never exposed my naked ass to the petting public during winter, so I can't say whether I could relate.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm normally very influenced by the environment, and almost always tend toward the cold side. Once I'm cold it takes a long time to get warm again. The heat rarely makes me uncomfortable. When it's so hot it feels like you're swimming through the sun and even your bones are melting. Ahhhh bliss.

I'm similar (although if it's super humid with the high heat, that's where it'll become too uncomfortable for me).

Marmotini said:
I've been told that my butt was cold before, lol, like the chill of an outer environment will actually make my heinie feel cool to the touch. I've heard this is common in women, though, for whatever reason.

This is very true for me. :) But it can also happen under situations where I'm exercising, but surrounding temps aren't super cold (i.e. it can happen after a gym workout). My ex would joke about it - 'Oh, you've been exercising' whenever my butt was cold, or 'Lazy [petname]' if it was warm. ;)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By the OP's definition, I am quite cold-blooded, but have developed numerous strategies for keeping myself warm when necessary. Exercise/activity is a good one. I am actually bothered more by being too warm, as it is harder to counteract.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I guess the OP means warm/cold as in mammals/reptiles... in which case, I'm warm-blooded, because I'm generally pretty consistent and changing weather doesn't bother me. I like cold weather better, but only because I grew up with it. Also:
I am actually bothered more by being too warm, as it is harder to counteract.
^ This! At least when it's cold (and not too humid), you can just put on more clothing and be fine. If you're boiling hot -- especially when it's humid so sweating doesn't cool you down -- then there's not much you can do.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ This! At least when it's cold (and not too humid), you can just put on more clothing and be fine. If you're boiling hot -- especially when it's humid so sweating doesn't cool you down -- then there's not much you can do.

Agree once hot, it's difficult to cool down. But for me, once I'm cold, it sinks into my bones- particularly with my hands or feet. (it's also very possible I have a mild bit of Reynaud's or whatever that's called... I've never felt my circulation is optimal, and my feet especially will become noticeably cooler to the touch, even after being out and about in 40-50 degree weather for a while (i.e. it doesn't have to be below freezing))

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agree once hot, it's difficult to cool down. But for me, once I'm cold, it sinks into my bones- particularly with my hands or feet. (it's also very possible I have a mild bit of Reynaud's or whatever that's called... I've never felt my circulation is optimal, and my feet especially will become noticeably cooler to the touch, even after being out and about in 40-50 degree weather for a while (i.e. it doesn't have to be below freezing))
My ears are quite susceptible to cold, and especially if it is windy. I have had to cover my ears with a hat or ear band in temperatures over 50F when the wind was strong. Otherwise it became extremely painful.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ears are quite susceptible to cold, and especially if it is windy. I have had to cover my ears with a hat or ear band in temperatures over 50F when the wind was strong. Otherwise it became extremely painful.

Ah, pain is no good! My toes can get that way (although more often they just become numb / preliminary frostbite?) This can happen above freezing, but a few weekends ago I purchased some smartwool tights plus smartwool alpine socks to put over, and the combo has helped a lot [apparently regular smartwool socks +liner didn't cut it].

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Extremely cold-blooded. Like a snake. @_@

I thrive in hot temperatures--even if they are too hot I'll be just fine with some hydration. Cold temperatures get to me very easily, I need a blanket when I sleep no matter what temperature it is, and my hands and feet will drop in temperature in an instant.