User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you "warm blooded" or "cold blooded"?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • warm, Ti user (user= dom/aux)

4 9.52%
  • warm, Fi user

1 2.38%
  • warm, Te user

5 11.90%
  • warm, Fe user

2 4.76%
  • warm, male

4 9.52%
  • warm, female

2 4.76%
  • cold, Ti user

10 23.81%
  • cold, Fi user

14 33.33%
  • cold, Te user

4 9.52%
  • cold, Fe user

2 4.76%
  • cold, male

4 9.52%
  • cold, female

16 38.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I don't radiate heat so I always feel warm.

Wife radiates all her heat so she complains she is cold all the time.
    Ha! I bet she's a naturally skinny type, too! My friend in college was like this. We shared a dorm bed a couple times and her body was like a freaking furnace! I tried to push her away from me (in a gentle, NF way fo course :P) She complained another time that I stole all the sheets. I dunno why she complained. She didn't need them! Obvious I was the cold one!

I would think though if your body radiates heat like this it's because you're also creating heat internally...
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Ha! I bet she's a naturally skinny type, too!
    You've met her, freakishly petite.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm a reptile. My body seems incapable of regulating its temperature properly. In very cold weather I can never seem to be warm, I stay so cold it hurts.. even hours after I've gotten under a heated blanket. Exes would tell me not to touch them because my hands would be so cold. In very extreme heat with high humidity, I cannot cool down for the life of me. Both extreme temperatures also adversely affect my asthma, & it can be rather miserable; the combo of physical discomfort with the temp and not being able to just breathe like a normal human being.

..or not. :c
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    You've met her, freakishly petite.
    Well I wanted you to agree with me for the sake of everyone else in the thread who hasn't met her :P. my friend was also Korean. And she was always hungry!

So now when I hear fitness gurus mention "speeding up the metabolism" I think of my friend and how I too can raise my basal metabolic rate in such a way I am a human furnace.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I'm a reptile. My body seems incapable of regulating its temperature properly. In very cold weather I can never seem to be warm, I stay so cold it hurts.. even hours after I've gotten under a heated blanket. Exes would tell me not to touch them because my hands would be so cold. In very extreme heat with high humidity, I cannot cool down for the life of me. Both extreme temperatures also adversely affect my asthma, & it can be rather miserable; the combo of physical discomfort with the temp and not being able to just breathe like a normal human being.
    Omg except for the asthma part I can relate. I HATE the cold. This is a reason I take frequent baths (hot) in the winter. I can't sleep without them because I'm cold. After a vigorous workout especially if its a bit cool outside due to sweat I quickly lose heat and feel cold. Otherwise i overheat very quickly when working out and stay very red. Otherwise I stay room temp or less. This is why I am attracted to warm sunny climates and greatly prefer warm weather, even though I greatly prefer winter and fall fashion.

Ha, I've had complaints about cold hands but only from 1 specific guy with very warm hands. Girls never complain which is another reason I think it's a gendered thing.

That sucks about the asthma? It didnt occur to me that the cold body temp thing could affect health problems.

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

@CzeCze - I'm moving to the west coast soon, so aside from the smog I may encounter around the city, I anticipate being more comfortable-- milder temperature fluctuations, and far less suffocating humidity.
    Funny you mention the color changes in your skin.. in extreme temps my hands and feet display what's known as Raynaud's Phenomenon - the edges of the hands/feet and the fingers/toes get red/blue/purple, at times.. it always freaks people out, but my doctors have all said it's more or less benign.

here's an example I pulled from Google Images [mine don't get THIS bad, fortunately.. turn down the color intensity dial a few notches]

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    GONE

Ooh @Lexicon if you move to SoCal you will LOVE it. I was driving around Thanksgiving and it's so warm and sunny I had to wear shades, wear short sleeves, and crank the A/C. lovely. It's also dry heat in ca. I can handle heat but not a fan of humidity. Ive noticed as I've gotten older the body temp issue has gotten more extreme. I used to dislike heat but now I find I soak it up. I can and do also stay in saunas and steam rooms way longer than most people. I've actually had employees tell me not to overdo it.

Ooh, that finger color changing phenomenon would freak me out too as I'd think you were getting frostbite! I know people with very red or mottled hands, my hands get very red too in extreme cold. I think in Ayurvedic medicine your type is partially determined by body temp.

Johari/Nohari

figsfiggyfigs

I'm almost always cold. I always get comments about how cold my hands and feet are ;_;
    I need to find someone who can be my personal heater.

MBTI
    GONE

Here's some more theories on "cold women" I thought fat was insulating though?

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...en-always-cold

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

Here's some more theories on "cold women" I thought fat was insulating though?

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...en-always-cold

Johari/Nohari