• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you "warm blooded" or "cold blooded"?

Are you "warm blooded" or "cold blooded"?

• warm, Ti user (user= dom/aux)

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • warm, Fi user

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • warm, Te user

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • warm, Fe user

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • warm, male

• warm, female

• cold, Ti user

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • cold, Fi user

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • cold, Te user

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • cold, Fe user

• cold, male

• cold, female

Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Women in offices are ALWAYS cold.

They still insist on sleeveless tops and skirts though.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really tend not to notice the temperature unless it's rather extreme or someone points it out, upon which point I'm angry at them because then I'm either hot or cold because that was a sensation that I was previously not aware of :thelook:

and I use all functions, thank you :cool:

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I need warmth most of the time.

When it is really hot and humid, I get annoyed by it and cool circulating air such as AC is a nice relief, it's cool air though - not cold air.

I'd rather roll around in thumbtacks than be cold.

On that note I almost never wear shorts, always have socks and closed shoes, and am often found wearing a coat like it's a part of my body that I shed like summer wool eventually. :p

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm almost always too cold. Being cold is painful to me. When I lived in Florida, it was rare for me to turn on the air until it got around 85 F. I'd turn on the heat if it dropped below 65 F. I managed to survive my first Pacific Northwest winter but not without damage. Had one utility bill over $1000. :(

I think one reason for me is that I had asthma, allergies, and eczema as a child and it got dramatically worse during the winter or drops in temp. Then having to wear scratchy, uncomfortable sweaters, tights, etc. Ugh. Like [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] I have Raynaud's. It sucks but it's not as bad as it was with the RA now.

Jon Snow

MBTI Type
INFP
Knew it. All these cold-blooded reptilian O Negatives, i just knew it was true.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am rather cold blooded. I get very cold in winter, but I can sometimes instantly warm up if I exercise. Though being athletic doesn't make me any less cold natured over the long term. I can get very hot when I'm active. It's kind of annoying; I dress in a lot of layers in cold weather. If I'm sitting in class I'll get cold, but then when I'm walking to the next one I'll get hot and have to take everything off. Then put it back on 10 minutes later. I never exercise outside in cold weather, because breathing in cold air burns my lungs and gives me a cough. In the summer I'm totally fine if I can be in the shade and stay hydrated. I definitely prefer hot weather to cold, since I'm better at cooling myself off than warming up. I never take cold showers. Very hot showers, even in the summer. Sometimes if I've gone running in the heat and feel like I'm about to melt, I'll feel like jumping into the pool, but by the time I've gotten inside and drunk water and taken my clothes off, I'll have already cooled down. Hot water is cleansing. And in winter I absolutely need it to warm up in the morning and get loosened up. I've been so cold that I was still freezing under multiple blankets and a sleeping bag, and then took a hot shower and was fine under a few. Also I hate cold water, and it takes me forever to get into a swimming pool, no matter how hot it is.

Blood type: O+

D

Dali

I used to be warm-blooded then I dropped 30 pounds and got slim and now I CAN NOT stand the cold. It's now our cold season here (temps drop to lows of 10 - 12C) and I'm always in a trench-coat. I visited Europe during the autumn once and nearly died. At least, that's what it felt like. I can't even begin to fathom snow.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I am rather cold blooded. I get very cold in winter, but I can sometimes instantly warm up if I exercise. Though being athletic doesn't make me any less cold natured over the long term. I can get very hot when I'm active. It's kind of annoying; I dress in a lot of layers in cold weather. If I'm sitting in class I'll get cold, but then when I'm walking to the next one I'll get hot and have to take everything off. Then put it back on 10 minutes later. I never exercise outside in cold weather, because breathing in cold air burns my lungs and gives me a cough. In the summer I'm totally fine if I can be in the shade and stay hydrated. I definitely prefer hot weather to cold, since I'm better at cooling myself off than warming up. I never take cold showers. Very hot showers, even in the summer. Sometimes if I've gone running in the heat and feel like I'm about to melt, I'll feel like jumping into the pool, but by the time I've gotten inside and drunk water and taken my clothes off, I'll have already cooled down. Hot water is cleansing. And in winter I absolutely need it to warm up in the morning and get loosened up. I've been so cold that I was still freezing under multiple blankets and a sleeping bag, and then took a hot shower and was fine under a few. Also I hate cold water, and it takes me forever to get into a swimming pool, no matter how hot it is.

Blood type: O+

I'm kind of the same as this, though I still would rather have extreme cold than extreme heat if humidity is involved.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I'm kind of the same as this, though I still would rather have extreme cold than extreme heat if humidity is involved.

You don't like the feeling of constantly sweating? :huh:

I have lived through sub tropical humid summers. Not too bad. IF YOU HAVE A/C otherwise you are fuuuuuuuged. I prefer that to DC humidity which is this strange noxious swamp sweat variety. Very gross. Still can't decide whether I prefer that to freezing winters. I wore a miniskirt and tights once in what felt like 15 degree weather. I was on back of a school bus with no heat and my legs had literally gotten cold to the bone. They weren't frozen but the feeling was really odd trying to stand up.

Yeah I prefer the heat. When it gets cold it feels like I'm drying up for hibernation. At least when it's warm I'm still alive. ---> DEEP THOUGHTS

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I HAD to choose between the extremes.. I'd have to pick extreme cold over extreme humidity/heat, too. I drove my car when it was up in the 90s.. thing has no a/c.. was oppressively humid out. Car overheats easily in heavy traffic, so I had to keep the heat on to cool the engine. I had little battery powered fans taped to the dashboard to try to offset it. I even jammed freeze packs from my mini cooler of food/water down the front/back of my shirt when I was more or less trapped in highway gridlock. Nothing was evaporating my sweat, though. Nothing could cool me down, my asthma inhaler wasn't really helping much.. I've blacked out at rest stops from shit like that.

Ultimately I can at least bury myself in coats and be able to function, albeit the extreme cold makes me achey. I'll take aches over heat exhaustion any day. Plus being sweaty for extended periods of time feels vile/gross/filthy, to me... I'm pretty neurotic about my hygiene, though.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't like a lot of heat + humidity, but I can deal with it better than extreme cold. As long as I have showers or a body of water close by. Water balances it all out. Heat with no way of bathing is the worst, although when is that ever really the case?

Being so cold you can't sleep and having to just doze in a chair by the campfire until morning can be really frustrating too. But that's the human experience, no? Our prehistoric ancestors dealt with much worse, and it was all magical. I kind of felt that way that night around the fire. Several of us were huddled there, and it was at an Ostara gathering, and I felt like we were kind of like family, like in a tribe in a cave; when the sun finally came up, it was so beautiful. I felt for the first time what it was to really need the sun, and connect that with hope. I know that's how prehistoric people felt thousands of years ago, on the spring equinox no less, except more intense. Trippy. Spiritual diversion...

So in conclusion, I prefer warmth, but I like everything because it's experiencing life and nature directly.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
You don't like the feeling of constantly sweating? :huh:

I have lived through sub tropical humid summers. Not too bad. IF YOU HAVE A/C otherwise you are fuuuuuuuged. I prefer that to DC humidity which is this strange noxious swamp sweat variety. Very gross. Still can't decide whether I prefer that to freezing winters. I wore a miniskirt and tights once in what felt like 15 degree weather. I was on back of a school bus with no heat and my legs had literally gotten cold to the bone. They weren't frozen but the feeling was really odd trying to stand up.

Yeah I prefer the heat. When it gets cold it feels like I'm drying up for hibernation. At least when it's warm I'm still alive. ---> DEEP THOUGHTS

I used to say I preferred heat, but that was until I experienced the pure hell that was Houston summers. I didn't even live there (my family did, until they couldn't take Texas any more), but when I would visit I could hardly function. My general rule now is that if my glasses fog up, I can't be there for too long.

That hibernation feeling is shitty (and I'm pretty sure I have some sort of seasonal affective disorder, too), but extreme humidity makes me feel sluggish and useless in a different, more exhausting way.

To sum it all up: frozen corpse > swamp ass.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When I first saw the scream, the first thing I had assumed was that the individual in the picture's hands were cold and were held to his face to keep them warm. I'm used to holding my arms, face or neck to keep my hands warm.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah humidity sucks because it removes your natural ability to cool yourself by sweating. Sweat cools you when it evaporates but it can't evaporate if you are WET because of damp air, which is why it just sits there on your skin and you stay hot and miserable.

W

WALMART

i believe i can say with a fair degree of certainty that homo sapiens are warm blooded beings.

yes, i'm choosing to ignore the intent of the thread. sorry.