User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you "warm blooded" or "cold blooded"?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • warm, Ti user (user= dom/aux)

4 9.52%
  • warm, Fi user

1 2.38%
  • warm, Te user

5 11.90%
  • warm, Fe user

2 4.76%
  • warm, male

4 9.52%
  • warm, female

2 4.76%
  • cold, Ti user

10 23.81%
  • cold, Fi user

14 33.33%
  • cold, Te user

4 9.52%
  • cold, Fe user

2 4.76%
  • cold, male

4 9.52%
  • cold, female

16 38.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I don't think this is type related. I can be either "cold" or "warm" blooded depending. If I had to choose I say I lean more towards cold.
    Doesn't this just mean if you're warm blooded you stay consistently warm or emanate more body heat, and cold blooded mammals change according to environment, so cold blooded people would be more sensitive to external heat and cold, and may not emanate as much heat.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I guess I'm cold blooded because I'm very sensitive to weather, and I hate extreme heat and extreme cold, but don't mind anything ranging from moderate heat down to a slightly drizzly chill.

I do hate when people turn their air conditioner up too high, or over-use air conditioning.

I've been told that my butt was cold before, lol, like the chill of an outer environment will actually make my heinie feel cool to the touch. I've heard this is common in women, though, for whatever reason.
    Haha. I do think it is more common for women to get cold easily, because they have less muscle. Not quite the same question though. It's probably not type related; but it seems like being physically sensitive to the environment could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Doesn't this just mean if you're warm blooded you stay consistently warm or emanate more body heat, and cold blooded mammals change according to environment, so cold blooded people would be more sensitive to external heat and cold, and may not emanate as much heat.
    Exactly.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Hard to say. Probably closer to cold-blooded, though I'm definitely more tolerant of extreme cold than extreme heat (humidity).

It could be related to type. One popular question is do you value your cool headed approach to problems or your warm sympathetic approach? Possibly there is a biochemical reaction to emotional processes causing internal heat and metabolism to increase.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It could be related to type. One popular question is do you value your cool headed approach to problems or your warm sympathetic approach? Possibly there is a biochemical reaction to emotional processes causing internal heat and metabolism to increase.
    Yeah I was thinking this. In the thread about which is more "robotic," INTP's or INTJ's someone says INTJ's appear cold but are warm inside, and INTP's appear warm but are cold inside. So of course I wondered if there was some truth to taking it literally.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yeah I was thinking this. In the thread about which is more "robotic," INTP's or INTJ's someone says INTJ's appear cold but are warm inside, and INTP's appear warm but are cold inside. So of course I wondered if there was some truth to taking it literally.

I doubt there is, but it's a pretty fun concept to play with.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I doubt there's much to it either.
    I don't know which I am... Maybe slightly more cold blooded but I just feel pretty steady. I don't like it too hot or too cold an I'm not always cold or always hot. I've known people who were one or the other usually and I don't think I am.

If I had to choose one I'd prefer to be hot probably.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I'm not Trunks

I can be both.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Warm blooded. Everyone here is warm blooded. Unless your a reptile or amphibian, you're biological body tempature doesn't change with the weather. It's not realted to the psyche other.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Warm blooded. Everyone here is warm blooded. Unless your a reptile or amphibian, you're biological body tempature doesn't change with the weather. It's not realted to the psyche other.
    People do tend to have slightly higher or lower body temperatures from the "norm" though.

I've been known to be fairly warm to the touch even in colder weather.

But meh, even with that, I like 70 degrees+ F weather more.