• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fruit

gromit

likes this
Just made mango lassi... mangos on sale... so perfectly ripe. New roommie had never had one before. I think I converted her.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was happy to find these at the grocery store today... Rainier cherries.

rainier-cherries.jpg

I didn't take advantage of the serviceberry season as much as I had planned to this year, though I still have one small tub of them in the freezer. Soon, the wild raspberries/blackberries will be out!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love fruit. I eat a lot of bananas. Not so fond of sour or tart tasting things though, so fruit has to be naturally very sweet (unless it's one of the ones below). No such thing as too sweet for me. I like strawberries, pineapples, pears, natural cherries, plums, bananas, and red grapes the most. Berries are yummy over vanilla ice cream.

And don't forget anything with seeds in the middle is technically a fruit; so avocados, tomatoes, and squashes are included. And awesome! I love baking an acorn squash and eating it with butter and cinnamon.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I Love the fruit too...I eat it up all day long. I can't really think of a fruit I don't love.
I very often make a fruit salad plate for breakfast and also have some with lunch. Yum yum yum

Love most vegetables too... Grilled or sautéed tho I don't really love uncooked vegetables much.

wolfy

awsm
I don't like vegetables much and often point out the uselessness of lettuce nutrition wise. I like fleshy fruit.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
tomatoes-2_1896826c.jpg

The Tomatoe, the most 'Vegitablist' fruit going.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm good about eating fruits from May-August, when the berries and cherries are in season here.

The rest of the year I'm pretty pathetic, although occasionally get pears. Apples aren't very inspiring, unless I make a cobbler out of them, and I think it's similar to [MENTION=6877]Marmie Dearest[/MENTION], in that growing up my mom would quarter them every single day for lunch. I always want to get into the habit of having bananas in the fall/winter, but it tends to be a fail because they always get too ripe before I remember to eat them, so they tend to go to waste. The canned fruit that I'll buy, if I remember, is canned pineapple.

I'm really good about getting a lot of veggies throughout the year, though.

A

Anew Leaf

I'm good about eating fruits from May-August, when the berries and cherries are in season here.

The rest of the year I'm pretty pathetic, although occasionally get pears. Apples aren't very inspiring, unless I make a cobbler out of them, and I think it's similar to [MENTION=6877]Marmie Dearest[/MENTION], in that growing up my mom would quarter them every single day for lunch. I always want to get into the habit of having bananas in the fall/winter, but it tends to be a fail because they always get too ripe before I remember to eat them, so they tend to go to waste. The canned fruit that I'll buy, if I remember, is canned pineapple.

I'm really good about getting a lot of veggies throughout the year, though.

re: bananas

If you have a good blender, then you can freeze them, and blend them up later. That's what I usually do. You can make a simple "ice cream" with:

3 frozen bananas
1 cup of milk (almond, soy, rice, regular.... I prefer almond myself)
1 tsp vanilla powder, extract
1 cup of fresh fruit such as raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc.

It's amazing. :3

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
fruit is awesome I love it, that being said, i should eat more of it. I don't like gala apples though.

Alizée

Instinctual Variant
sx
Fruit is amazing! However, about a month ago I went full fruitarian and it didn't quite work for me. I am usually vegan and thought this would take me up a step. However, I was hungry most of the time and I attribute that to the fructose hi/lo...so it was back to vegan for me. :)

rav3n

Grew up as a lover of fruit and continue to be. Right now, the season brings some of my faves which are watermelons, white peaches and hami melons. Longan are still around and have been wonderfully sweet and abundant this year.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Nothing hydrates better than a piece of cold watermelon after working in the heat. :heart:

And an orange in the morning is the perfect thing to wake up the senses, put a tingle in your jaw, and fill the air with a fresh scent.

And lemons fight off scurvy, and since I sometimes pretend I am a pirate there's no way I'm not going to eat them. :D

rav3n

Oh and before I forget, discovered these last year. They're called champagne grapes and are really tiny (around a 1/4" each) and if ripe, aren't bright green. They're greenish, brownish and yellowish. To die for sweetness!

ChampagneGrapes.jpg

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Bananas,apples, and cantaloupe are my favorite.

A big bite of a real green banana can cover the smell of alcohol on your breath.

Mole

Permabanned
I was quietly eating my half papaya and passionfruit when a small woman asked if she could borrow the seat next to me. I thought she meant to take it away to sit somewhere else, but no, she sat down in front of me and smiled.

Thank heavens I am a gentleman and so smiled back and to make her feel at home I offered her some grapes and I openned a passionfruit for her. She was inquisitive and asked me about myself so I told her I danced and meditated and she said she had never met a man like that. And the more I told her about myself, the more she would say I have never met a man like that.

Our conversation continued in this vein as we ate our fruit and talked until it was time for her to go.

gromit

likes this
Had friends over the other night and somebody brought strawberries and cream for dessert. That was amazing.

A

Anew Leaf

I slice bananas really thin and then dust then with raw cacao powder. No refined sugars and I get a taste of chocolate and bananas. :) The bananas easily make up for the lack of sweetness in the cacao.

Added bonus, raw cacao powder is a superfood. :D

My next plan is to toss the banana slices into the freezer for a bit with the cacao. I've done it just plain and they are really yummy :D.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I love not being picky. I eat mostly anything - fruits and veggies included.

gromit

likes this
I slice bananas really thin and then dust then with raw cacao powder. No refined sugars and I get a taste of chocolate and bananas. :) The bananas easily make up for the lack of sweetness in the cacao.

Added bonus, raw cacao powder is a superfood. :D

My next plan is to toss the banana slices into the freezer for a bit with the cacao. I've done it just plain and they are really yummy :D.

Sounds awesome. I make a banana smoothie with just ice, milk, and cocoa powder. It tastes as sweet as if you added sugar, but no sugar required!