User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Fruit

Fruit is amazing! However, about a month ago I went full fruitarian and it didn't quite work for me. I am usually vegan and thought this would take me up a step. However, I was hungry most of the time and I attribute that to the fructose hi/lo...so it was back to vegan for me.
    INTJ, 5w6 (sx), RCOEI

Grew up as a lover of fruit and continue to be. Right now, the season brings some of my faves which are watermelons, white peaches and hami melons. Longan are still around and have been wonderfully sweet and abundant this year.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Nothing hydrates better than a piece of cold watermelon after working in the heat.

And an orange in the morning is the perfect thing to wake up the senses, put a tingle in your jaw, and fill the air with a fresh scent.

And lemons fight off scurvy, and since I sometimes pretend I am a pirate there's no way I'm not going to eat them.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Oh and before I forget, discovered these last year. They're called champagne grapes and are really tiny (around a 1/4" each) and if ripe, aren't bright green. They're greenish, brownish and yellowish. To die for sweetness!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Bananas,apples, and cantaloupe are my favorite.

A big bite of a real green banana can cover the smell of alcohol on your breath.

Smile

I was quietly eating my half papaya and passionfruit when a small woman asked if she could borrow the seat next to me. I thought she meant to take it away to sit somewhere else, but no, she sat down in front of me and smiled.

Thank heavens I am a gentleman and so smiled back and to make her feel at home I offered her some grapes and I openned a passionfruit for her. She was inquisitive and asked me about myself so I told her I danced and meditated and she said she had never met a man like that. And the more I told her about myself, the more she would say I have never met a man like that.

Our conversation continued in this vein as we ate our fruit and talked until it was time for her to go.

Had friends over the other night and somebody brought strawberries and cream for dessert. That was amazing.

Anew Leaf

I slice bananas really thin and then dust then with raw cacao powder. No refined sugars and I get a taste of chocolate and bananas. The bananas easily make up for the lack of sweetness in the cacao.

Added bonus, raw cacao powder is a superfood.

My next plan is to toss the banana slices into the freezer for a bit with the cacao. I've done it just plain and they are really yummy .

MBTI
    ISTx

I love not being picky. I eat mostly anything - fruits and veggies included.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I slice bananas really thin and then dust then with raw cacao powder. No refined sugars and I get a taste of chocolate and bananas. The bananas easily make up for the lack of sweetness in the cacao.

Added bonus, raw cacao powder is a superfood.

My next plan is to toss the banana slices into the freezer for a bit with the cacao. I've done it just plain and they are really yummy .
    Sounds awesome. I make a banana smoothie with just ice, milk, and cocoa powder. It tastes as sweet as if you added sugar, but no sugar required!