• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you groom yourself?

(multiple choice/public) check those that apply to you.

• Total voters

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I...

Trim, pluck, wax, floss, shave and get my hair cut just to look normal; clip my nails too.
I have a disposal tongue scraper that I like to use aswell.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
While the end result of grooming is nice I just can't help but get a little :sick: thinking about this question and this thread. Maybe already imagining the TMI.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While the end result of grooming is nice I just can't help but get a little :sick: thinking about this question and this thread. Maybe already imagining the TMI.

I'm with you there...

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I have very thick hair and super sensitive skin, so I can only shave once a week. As for my nether regions, I use a trimmer. I used to wax, but the ingrown hair issue was not worth it.

I wish I had a bath, but I don't.

I try to floss sometimes but my dentist said I'm a phenomenal brusher, so :tongue:

TMI? I never know where to draw the line.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't do more than normal.. you know shampoo, condition, shave.. use some moisturizer afterward, no aftershave. I switched to some nicer product though, and it makes a huge difference. How many different answers can there be to this question? I floss... but I don't really consider that grooming, just keeping my teeth from rotting. It's like saying that washing your hands is grooming.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This reminds me of the scene in Brüno where Sacha Baron Cohen got his ass waxed

Pinker85

I shower. I do self massage after I shower and use coconut oil for that all over my body, face, and hair. I don't use any particular cleanser or moisturizer for my face. Really, I'm not greasy, just well moisturized? I make my own shampoo/body wash out of almond oil, liquid castile soap, and lavender essential oil. I trim my nails. I don't pluck my eyebrows, shave my legs or underarms, but I do wax my nether regions bare because its uhm . . . more ugh . . . convenient for ugh . . . access. I'm trying to encourage a little mustache on my face but it just doesn't want to get going. :p I brush my teeth with as you guessed it toothpaste I make and I also gargle with a mouth wash I make out of peppermint essential oil, baking soda, and water. I'm really paranoid about how much can be absorbed through the skin and mouth.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know you just want dirty in-depth descriptions of our nude morning or evening habits, you naughty man.

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
I just... shower and brush my teeth, really. Tidy my eyebrows with tweezers when I remember. :shrug: Even if I could be bothered, I can't wear makeup more than once a month or so because a) it makes my skin explode b) anything strong enough to take it off also makes my skin explode. The only things that go on my face are water and very plain moisturiser or neat oil. :( I cut my own hair when it needs it, easy because it's long and straight. Shave under my arms, 'cause antiperspirants just don't work properly on me if I don't. Having a go at waxing my legs after a year of deciding shaving them was more faff than I was prepared to bother with now I'm not an insecure teenager. Figure wax might be less hassle overall, now that I'm a grownup and for some reason "expected" to remove leg hair if I want to wear a skirt to work. At least I can just ignore my legs for weeks at a stretch that way. My body harbours secret ambitions to be a yeti, it's very inconvenient to a lazy girl in this society. :dry: Curse you, dark hair and pale skin!

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
My Van Der Hagen boar bristle shaving brush is starting to show its age. It's cheap anyway but hell of a lot better than slathering shaving soap on my head and face with bare hands and a lot cleaner and smoother shave. I shave my head every other day. I keep my arm pits smooth as my deodorant works best that way. About once a week I "carefully" shave my below-the-belt equipment area.Clip my nails once a week. I brush my teeth after I eat anything. I take a shower and change clothes once a day.I've never had any body odor issues.

I'm not obsessed with being a tidy clean freak but would easily come under the category of one who is "well-groomed".

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wish I had a shower but I don't... Though, places I go and people I know do and stuff so, it's all good.

BEST THING, my liesure centre's shower is cool because it's right next to the sauner... Sauner followed by a cold shower is bliss/heaven/paradise.
I've used the shower at Scream Studios in Croydon because I could and, I booked out a room for the whole day and took my towl and everything. with friends, was cool and totally as I said
"Because I could." :D

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just..normal stuff?

Shower, wash/condition hair, get rid of body hair, moisturize. I take neurotically good care of my skin & teeth [special cleansers/exfoliators, clay masques, astringent, retinol moisturizers/ PlusWhite whitening system, sonicare electric toothbrush, floss/waterpik, fluoride rinse].

I cut my own hair, because.. fuck paying someone else to do something I'll hate..

Clip nails, I don't do anything else with those.

I don't wear heavy makeup these days; just some eye stuff, tinted spf55 moisturizer & some powder to set it [spf 30 powder in summer].

Uhm, that's it, really.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I do way too much. I wish I were more streamlined.. If my skin would ever get out of teenager mode I think I'd be set for life.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do way too much. I wish I were more streamlined.. If my skin would ever get out of teenager mode I think I'd be set for life.

Amen, lady. My dermatologist helped a LOT in that regard. Retin-A cream & an aldosterone blocking medication that decreased sebaceous gland activity [medication is Spironolactone/trade name Aldactone- also good for PCOS]- cleared everything on me 100%. The Retin-A ensured there was no scarring, as well. I'm still religious with my skin care, but it's a good habit to keep up, in general.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nothing out of the ordinary. Just like any other dog. A little sniff check, taking action when it smells funny.

My grooming methods are pretty ordinary.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Amen, lady. My dermatologist helped a LOT in that regard. Retin-A cream & an aldosterone blocking medication that decreased sebaceous gland activity [medication is Spironolactone/trade name Aldactone- also good for PCOS]- cleared everything on me 100%. The Retin-A ensured there was no scarring, as well. I'm still religious with my skin care, but it's a good habit to keep up, in general.

Id been hesitant to go since last time they just rolled their eyes when I said I wasnt on BC.. maybe trying a different dermatologist would do me some good.