• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Taking a good picture?

Lark

Not sure if this is the right place for this.

How do you take a good picture? Not from the photographers point of view but how to pose for a picture?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not sure if this is the right place for this.

How do you take a good picture? Not from the photographers point of view but how to pose for a picture?

hire a photographer who knows how to pose you!

says the photographer! :laugh:

but...do you mean in random other people pics?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
really the best you can do is learn how to be comfortable in front of it and pretend it's not there....no rehearsed expressions or awkward poses. you've got to look comfortable and natural

Lark

hire a photographer who knows how to pose you!

says the photographer! :laugh:

but...do you mean in random other people pics?

I mean generally, in any pic really, for instance if you are at a function or event and someone says let me get a picture of you all together or something.

I've seen people who in any picture they appear in look exactly as though they are in a photo shoot, I dont mean that they have photoshopped it either, they have a certain pose or know how to stand, look etc. Not a lot of daft poser behaviour either, it is natural if you know what I mean.

Lark

really the best you can do is learn how to be comfortable in front of it and pretend it's not there....no rehearsed expressions or awkward poses. you've got to look comfortable and natural

Yes, perhaps this is true but also there are people who can perform different emotions, can convey different frames of mind or "thoughts" in their pose, it is not all the work or talent of the photographer, although it may be a big part of it in some cases. I think of this as being in a way related to performing arts but it is also about self-presentation too.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
for sure...some people are just really photogenic. i don't know how they do it either. my lil sister was that way. she just always looked beautiful...perfect smile etc..

i am often the person looking off or talking. i just can't do it. i can't hold an expression so the person taking it has to be good...take them quickly or make us laugh or engage us in some way.

that's what i do when i take pictures. i like to get genuine expressions and natural poses..hate the look of the forced smile.

R

Riva

Females are better infront of a camera because they have the patience to take hundreds of pictures of themselves and reflect. Take a look at their phones. They are usually filled with pictures of themselves.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Practice in front of a mirror.

As narcissistic as it sounds ... but it works.

That said, I'm a Type 3 ENTP ... so I can't help but look in the mirror and practice my many camera looks ;)

Etherea

MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
Some people are just naturally photogenic. Doesn't mean they don't take dreadful pictures sometimes, but the trick is to smile like you're actually happy and to be comfortable.