User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    she just easily panics and goes into high anxiety mode and she would do this all the time. i started spoiling my mutt by letting her sleep with me. we basically got really close that she no longer does the peeing. she no longer obeys and listens out of fear but reward and cuddles. she likes jumping in my arms now.
    I've noticed a lot of smaller breed dogs seem to be naturally sort of high-strung, without history of abuse. I wonder if it could be a side effect of all the crazy breeding we've done over time.

Good to hear she's responsive to positive interaction, though. My ESFP friend has a small dog, very panicky. She found that giving her "things to do," tricks at random, bringing things, etc. would distract her from her anxiety mode, & she'd be very happy to have a job to do for her master.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Has anyone had any experience with having unconventional pets?

Fairly soon here, I'm going to have a couple goats and a couple chickens as pets.. I was wondering if anyone had experience with having these as pets vs just being barn animals.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I've noticed a lot of smaller breed dogs seem to be naturally sort of high-strung, without history of abuse. I wonder if it could be a side effect of all the crazy breeding we've done over time.

Good to hear she's responsive to positive interaction, though. My ESFP friend has a small dog, very panicky. She found that giving her "things to do," tricks at random, bringing things, etc. would distract her from her anxiety mode, & she'd be very happy to have a job to do for her master.
    spending time is always good and exercise with them. i kinda hate that whole owners experssing dominance over their dog thing.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

spending time is always good and exercise with them. i kinda hate that whole owners experssing dominance over their dog thing.
    Yeah, fear tactics seem like an easy way out.

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Yeah, fear tactics seem like an easy way out.
    yea that whole, you are the dominant dog as the owner is not the relationship i look to have with my four legged partner in crime. they say that if the dog does not understand her place in the relationship, they may act out..i have not experienced issues yet but im thinking, in theory as long as she is always felt loved and cared for that it wont be an issue with new people being welcomed into my home.

the only thing im thinking where conflict may arise, is sleeping in my bed but i could just get a bigger bed.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

the only thing im thinking where conflict may arise, is sleeping in my bed but i could just get a bigger bed.
    Have you tried keeping a dog bed beside your bed, adjacent to where she normally lays on yours?

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Have you tried keeping a dog bed beside your bed, adjacent to where she normally lays on yours?
    my bed is plenty big but i meant if my single status changes. i been wanting a bigger bed anyway, something that feels like a cloud.
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Default cat urine problem

* tries to conjur up the spirit of @Amargith *

Ey Amar.. do you have any experience with cat pee on leather items?

Jack got locked in a closet for a few hours by accident, and peed all over someone's leather Coach purse.

No stains, but I'm not sure how to get the odor out, or if it's even possible. I'd like to prevent the nuclear bomb that's about to go off if I can [but I have a fallout shelter if it's a lost cause]. I did some research on my own, but didn't come up with much.

Just thought I'd see if you had any tips for that, seeing as how you have your colony. There must've been accidents within the population at some point..

Thanks, either way.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

@Lexicon Owww...leather, huh.

To be completely safe, id ask your drycleaners. I usually wash items that have accidents like that with vinegar as the fabric softner ( heck, i use that standard as fabric softner, better for the environment and hypo allergenic), but leather aint washable. For non washable items i tend to use vinegar as wrll in a 50-50 water vinegar application, but leather absorbs like mad...especislly when its had the time to. I say drycleaners on this one, girl.

or, see if you can find a cleaning product for leather that has enzymes in it...not sure it exists as enzymes literally break apart and odors on an atomic(?) level...and likely other stuff thats biodegradable, i think ( not sure).
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    @Lexicon Owww...leather, huh.

To be completely safe, id ask your drycleaners. I usually wash items that have accidents like that with vinegar as the fabric softner ( heck, i use that standard as fabric softner, better for the environment and hypo allergenic), but leather aint washable. For non washable items i tend to use vinegar as wrll in a 50-50 water vinegar application, but leather absorbs like mad...especislly when its had the time to. I say drycleaners on this one, girl.

or, see if you can find a cleaning product for leather that has enzymes in it...not sure it exists as enzymes literally break apart and odors on an atomic(?) level...and likely other stuff thats biodegradable, i think ( not sure).
    I forgot drycleaners even.. existed.. there are two right up the street.

I'll check that out, thank you!