User Tag List

First 6141516

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

I'm dog sitting two 1 yo golden retrievers, brother and sister. Boy weighs about 65 lbs, girl about 45 lbs. I would like advice on how to let them be puppies while still maintaining discipline. They know sit and stay pretty well, but no other commands. They don't know how to heel, but I've been keeping them on a short leash so I have more control when they decide to chase a leaf or a squirrel. They are walked in a harness with 2 leashes attached. I'm walking them separately, at least 3 times a day. The owners only left 2 rubber bones for toys because the dogs chew through everything. They also left rawhide treats and cows hooves. I bought a Kong Extreme and a Kong tug toy. The dogs like the tug toy a lot.

Also, their play with each other can get rough. The owners have let them roughhouse to a degree, but I haven't seen them playing much since they grew so big and I'm not sure if I should stop them biting each other after a certain amount of time, let them calm down a bit, and then let them roughhouse some more. They have tried to include me in this kind of play and I leave, but I'm concerned that I'm not getting the message across to not roughhouse with humans. How much is puppy behavior and how much is lack of discipline?
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    yupp

This isn't really and issue or in need of advice but more of a curiosity, so my cat stomps her toys with her back feet, why does she do this? also working on her not scratching the furniture 99% of the time i just have to say her name sternly but sometimes i have to point the spray bottle (not spray it) the times i do i don't have to spray her just spray it in the air.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    TNT

stomps? how?

as for the scratching, did you buy her that thing, a cat scratching post like this:

Attachment 19187

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post
    stomps? how?

as for the scratching, did you buy her that thing, a cat scratching post like this:

Attachment 19187
    I'll try to take a video and yes she had a scratching post which she uses.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    This isn't really and issue or in need of advice but more of a curiosity, so my cat stomps her toys with her back feet, why does she do this? also working on her not scratching the furniture 99% of the time i just have to say her name sternly but sometimes i have to point the spray bottle (not spray it) the times i do i don't have to spray her just spray it in the air.
    Have seen stomping with front feet but not back. Looking forward to video.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    Have seen stomping with front feet but not back. Looking forward to video.
    it looks similar to thumper thumping.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it looks similar to thumper thumping.
    No clue. Hope someone with more knowledge will reply.
    Johari / Nohari

Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    No clue. Hope someone with more knowledge will reply.
    maybe she's half rabbit.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all