• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

food + their benefits

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Celery; I should I eat more of it... It contains a checmical that targets and burns off stomach fat alone.

Chocolate's good for iron.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Celery requires more calories to bun than celery has.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eating low GI foods (GI stands for glycemic index) reduces the risk of heart disease and diabetes. They metabolize more slowly so insulin doesn't spike.

Some foods like blueberries are high in anti-oxidants which reduces cellular damage caused by free radicals.

Ice water burns calories because your body expends energy warming up the liquid in your system.

Some foods act like natural SSRIs and boost mood like bananas, beer (1 per day for a woman, 2 per day for a man [also reduces the risk of heart disease]), most cheeses, and I forget what else.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Brown Rice - Vitamin B

The Red Cross of some country or the U.N or someone got into trouble once for sending white rice to the third world which lacked this vital and much needed vitamin, for them because of the lack of it anyway... When push comes to shove, brown rice is a life saver.

Water - This just goes with out saying, but apart from hydration, the benifit is the best anti oxident going... Clean water though, I think if it's dirty, boil it like 3 times or or something to kill off all the germs and stuff.

Protien... Benefit, muscle growth and stuff. Found in meat and for all you veggies, it's also found in nuts and beans...

Supplements are good, but this is the food thread, and the food's benefit.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eat goji berries. This trendy health food is catching on in the west and some of the health benefits touted are high in anti-oxidants, vitamin A, may help with diabetes, high blood pressure, eyesight, etc. etc. woo-woo blah blah blah because I despise that thing and the more you eat it, the less I will have to see it.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My Scoutmaster used to tell us that sausage would put hair on your chest and make your d*** hard.

:huh: :blink:

It's ok..
Can you point on the doll where your scoutmaster touched you?

130440198652.jpg

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
green tea really helps wash down greasy food.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sardines and one huge grapefruit a day for weight loss.

Crown Prince brand (bone/skinless in water) taste and smell identical to tuna.

Far more effective than any exercise.

You'll begin to feel the results after 2 days. Buying new clothes after 2-3 weeks.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sardines and one huge grapefruit a day for weight loss.

Crown Prince brand (bone/skinless in water) taste and smell identical to tuna.

Far more effective than any exercise.

You'll begin to feel the results after 2 days. Buying new clothes after 2-3 weeks.
I can't wait that long, I like to feel the results on the same day, and buy new clothes in 2, 3 days.
I LOVE excersise, and food is my fuel, that and supplements :D

Vitamin C; Oranges, blackberries, tomatoes...
It boosts your immune system

Tomatoes can prevent cancer, reduce your risk of heart disease, osteoporosis and even diabetes because of this wonder chemical found in them that ONLY becomes effective/active if the fruit/tomato is heated... So... Boiled/plummed, baked onto pizza ect... All good and apparently tomato purée is the best source for this.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
green tea really helps wash down greasy food.

:hifive:

it also
- is one of only two species of plants in the world that produce L Theanine, a sweet chemical that prevents the "crash" associated with caffeine intake that often occurs a few hours later
- relieves stress
- neutralizes free radicals
- prolongs life
- slows aging
- prevents cancer

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For eyesight, specifically the health of the retina:

Kale, spinach, turnip greens, collard greens, (to a lesser extent peas, romaine lettuce, zucchini)

Contain high levels of lutein and zeaxanthin, raw or cooked, which are found to correlate with decreasing age-related retina problems. Personally a very specific problem in my family.

I also love using food to target health weaknesses, because....well, I love food. :D Excuse to try new things, etc.

Last edited:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Watermelon and cucumbers are both great sources of hydration while eating, making them ideal summer snacks.

Decaffinated coffee offers the same health benefits as caffinated coffee.

A general rule of thumb for getting the most out of your fruits and veggies is to 'eat the rainbow'. Red, orange, yellow, green, dark greens, blues/purples, and whites. The colors indicate more than just a variety, different colors absorb different sun rays and different nutrients are produced as a result. Youll gain the most benefit from creating a salad with many colors within it. And while some veggies are more beneficial cooked than raw, raw vegetables generally contain the highest nutrients.

Ive always been a huge fan of juicing and green smoothies.. They're the easiest way to eat raw without getting bored.