User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default how to tell your mom you might need a urologist

how do you do this without feeling embarrassed?

I might be able to pull it off without telling her, but i don't know.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    how do you do this without feeling embarrassed?
    Your mother had you, and your siblings if you have any. She may very well empathize with urological changes. You shouldn't be embarrassed by a medical concern. If you are planning on sharing details with her, just stick to the facts - your symptoms, what you have learned about what may be the cause, and the importance that you get it checked out. Don't let her or anyone else convince you that your concern is not noteworthy or that you should not seek professional medical counsel if you feel that it is important.
    Telling a parent about a condition and enlisting their help/support is likely less embarrassing than having that condition present itself at inopportune times because you chose not to seek treatment.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

^yes
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    yupp

part of me thinks she might suspect because i had an accident in the car on a road trip, but maybe she doesn't know how to broach the subject either. she's gonna find my diapers today i've only been wearing them at night to protect the mattress because i'm too embarrased to wear them in public maybe i'll tell her than?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

part of me thinks she might suspect because i had an accident in the car on a road trip, but maybe she doesn't know how to broach the subject either. she's gonna find my diapers today i've only been wearing them at night to protect the mattress because i'm too embarrased to wear them in public maybe i'll tell her than?
    Tell her about the condition/measures you are taking (diapers) before she finds them. That way, you have taken initiative and control over the manner in which the big reveal occurs. It will also encourage her to know that you trust her with something so personal and you are not just telling her because you were cornered due to the fact that she found your diapers. You have the good fortune to be in a country where you will not be ostracized from your village for something as simple as urinary incontinence. It is an often seen and many times reversible condition. Just go to the urologist and see what they say.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

^good advice.

The embarassment is in your head, the condition is physical. The embarassment - if any- will be temporary, the condition might go on indefinitely if you don't act on it.

This is about your your life quality and about actively taking charge of whatever problem you might have rather than trying to passively sit it out. I doubt you'd shock her.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

i think my bladder might not be emptying all the way because last night not 30 seconds after going to the bathroom i coughed and a large wet spot appeared not a dribble a gush actually two gushes. making my pants and underwear saturated and so i decided to put on a diaper and i ended up needing it. is this TMI?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

i think my bladder might not be emptying all the way because last night not 30 seconds after going to the bathroom i coughed and a large wet spot appeared not a dribble a gush actually two gushes. making my pants and underwear saturated and so i decided to put on a diaper and i ended up needing it. is this TMI?
    Does it typically happen after coughing/sneezing or perhaps lifting something, etc?

By the way, I don't want to overstep any privacy boundaries on a forum. So, if you would like to discuss this via PM I would be fine with that.

Here is a website that may have some other good info.
    http://www.wdxcyber.com/nurine07.htm

The site is run by an MD OB/GYN

MBTI
    yupp

pm sent.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ISTx

I shat my pants in high school (at school) but luckily in my car, in the parking lot before school started. Needless to say, my mother was at the door when I drove back home and there was no hiding what happened. It was surprisingly not as embarrassing as one might think.

Urine? That's cake.