• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

how to tell your mom you might need a urologist

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'll update this thread when I find out more which will be probably in 3 months until then aideu. if anyone cares.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I tried to go without a diaper that last oh 10-20 minutes before i totally pissed myself and i thought i was developing a rash so i thought i'd let the skin breathe and also to see if magically i had gotten better.plus i had just peed so i thought i was safe for at least an hour to let my skin air out. I was way wrong.theres a puddle in my shoe and i had to change my pjs

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Did the urologist's office realize what your problem was when they made your appointment 3 months out? Do you have any itching or burning, which could indicate a urinary tract infection? I believe you mentioned urgent care--they can at least check for infections and the like--is that a possibility for you so you can be seen by a doctor sooner than September? It just doesn't seem right that you should go 3 months of suffering with this before seeing a doctor.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
apparently i wet myself but i don't remember that all i know is i needed to go to the bathroom i look down at the inside of my diaper and its yellow and moist. I can usually tell when i'm peeing but often can't control it so it's possible that i was aware at the time and forgot about it until just now.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I had the goal of staying dry tommorow but i don't think that's achievable because

4 major accidents 2 diapers would have been 3 if i had been wearing a diaper during on of them and 3 times actually making it to the toilet odds are not in my favor for tomorrow.

maybe my goal instead should be tommorow decreasing the number of accidents and increasing the number of times i make it to the toilet.

River

flowing quietly by
MBTI Type
INxP
Could try going to the bathroom every hour or so whether you feel the need yet or not. Had to do that for a few months when i had issues with lack of sensation and weakened pelvic floor. Less annoying than pissing oneself.

When you make it to the bathroom can you stop yourself mid-stream?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Prpl, keep that appointment, but don't wait three months to see someone about this. Go to urgent care, if nothing else. I feel like it's most likely a side effect of medication for you, but there's always a chance you could have a urinary tract infection, and those are nothing to play with. Because of a UTI I landed in an out-of-town ER with a RAGING kidney infection the night of my sister's wedding. It was more painful than the birth of either of my children, but when it was just a UTI it didn't really hurt much at all. Once it crept up to my kidneys it went from simple frequent peeing to the most incredible pain I've ever felt within about 5 hours.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i'm going to urgent care monday, i don't know if it was one time thing because my stomach had been bothering me or a new symptom but i ended up messing myself really badly yesterday i don't mean a tiny bit i mean enough to cause the diaper to sag and a pretty big mess to clean up. luckily i was alone when it happened but i was lying on the couch went to fart and before i knew it my bowels had emptied, and it took me a minute to realize what had happened. though i did manage to stay dry last night from 5-1 am 1 am i lost control but i felt like that might be a good sign.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Were you able to go to urgent care?

Hope things are going better for you.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
update: still haven't been to the doctors, had a month of no accidents so quit wearing diapers, than suddenly had 3 full blown ones in 2 days the first one was because i held too long the other 2 i got the signal than my bladder just released its contents into my pants. I don't get why this is happening, and why it isn't consistent. at least i still have control of my bowels, except their's been 3 times in the last year where i crapped myself for no reason.i ended up putting a poise pad on, just incase. though it tends (the wetting) happen more when i'm standing than sitting.

sometimes i can hold forever, other times a spurt comes out when i cough, than other times i'll get the signal go to the toilet, but before i can move i've wet myself and crossing my legs trying to stop it doesn't help

F

figsfiggyfigs

maybe you should stop holding it and go to the washroom every 15-20 minutes, just in case. Also, prpls, you need to see a doctor about it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I was gonna do that, but than i was out for 3 hours where their weren't many toilets and ended up wetting myself twice

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought this thread read: How To Tell Your Mom Might Need a Urologist. Whew. I was relieved when I re-read it.

No pun meant.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I was just wondering about you yesterday wrt this issue. Go to the doctor, please? :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I decided to wear pads during the day which holds one or two accidents than diapers at night because even though i don't bed wet i don't want to wake up every 20 minutes to go pee and when i do wake up i'm likely to pee before i can make it to the bathroom.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I decided to wear pads during the day which holds one or two accidents than diapers at night because even though i don't bed wet i don't want to wake up every 20 minutes to go pee and when i do wake up i'm likely to pee before i can make it to the bathroom.

Your dr appt is in September, right?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think so

You mentioned September awhile ago, in your blog I think, or this thread.
Maybe it'd be a good idea to call their office tomorrow and double check the date, & stick it on the fridge or something.

Considering the wait period for visits, you wouldn't wanna miss it. I hate when I do that- space out on appointments.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
You mentioned September awhile ago, in your blog I think, or this thread.
Maybe it'd be a good idea to call their office tomorrow and double check the date, & stick it on the fridge or something.

Considering the wait period for visits, you wouldn't wanna miss it. I hate when I do that- space out on appointments.
than it probably is, i managed to pee so much that i leaked all over the bed i have plastic pants that maybe i should utilize at night.