• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

how to tell your mom you might need a urologist

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Glad you got it over with and told your mom :)

Btw, I read this article before and your situation reminded me of. I think you'd enjoy reading it., it's written by another young woman. Theres no shame to incontinence issues and it doesn't have to hold you back. And you should definitely see a urologist as soon as you can.

Always a Bedwetter Never a Bride

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yeah i'm getting tired of feeling the need every 20-15 minutes and only a little came out so i finally just stopped getting up, lets just say that wasn't the best idea

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Glad you got it over with and told your mom :)

Btw, I read this article before and your situation reminded me of. I think you'd enjoy reading it., it's written by another young woman. Theres no shame to incontinence issues and it doesn't have to hold you back. And you should definitely see a urologist as soon as you can.

Always a Bedwetter Never a Bride

I'm a bit scared that i'm gonna get a sudden urge out in public and there's a line for the toilet and than welll flood myself more than a pad can hold. luckily i usually only have tiny accidents like a wet spot here or there. only handful of times have i flooded myself. I wet myself in the car pretty bad on a recent road trip and was forced to go into mcdonalds, that was pretty humilating but i had a good poker face and people mostly ignored

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It was like the time the doctor said I had to get circumcised and I had to tell my father about it. Haha.. took me a few weeks. I said it while we were in private.

Anyway,

It wasn't hard at all in the end.
He asked me about the doctor, spoke to the doctor, got things done.

Ps - He didn't to it. I got it done from a surgeon.

Poor, Poor Riva!!! :newwink:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I went and bought poise pads today hopefully they'll contain the accidents, i really don't want to go to diapers during the day.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I went and bought poise pads today hopefully they'll contain the accidents, i really don't want to go to diapers during the day.

it leaked not a lot but enough to saturate my underwear and have speckles down my leg.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Is this a new thing that just started happening recently? Have you made an appointment yet? I think you should go ASAP. If it's just "overactive bladder" or whatever there are really good medications for that. Could you have a urinary tract infection? They don't always hurt.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Is this a new thing that just started happening recently? Have you made an appointment yet? I think you should go ASAP. If it's just "overactive bladder" or whatever there are really good medications for that. Could you have a urinary tract infection? They don't always hurt.

the lose of urine after coughing or running started about 2 years ago the sudden lose of urine because i don't have time to make it started pretty reacently.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
the lose of urine after coughing or running started about 2 years ago the sudden lose of urine because i don't have time to make it started pretty reacently.

I think you said you had told your mom, but I'm not sure. In any case, if I were your mom I'd hug you and take you to the doctor, and it would make me really sad if you didn't want to tell me something because you were embarrassed. You (the hypothetical you in this "if I were your mom" line of thinking) came from my ladybits and are the reason I pee on trampolines, so there's nothing to be embarrassed about between us.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think you said you had told your mom, but I'm not sure. In any case, if I were your mom I'd hug you and take you to the doctor, and it would make me really sad if you didn't want to tell me something because you were embarrassed. You (the hypothetical you in this "if I were your mom" line of thinking) came from my ladybits and are the reason I pee on trampolines, so there's nothing to be embarrassed about between us.

I did tell her, but she likes to tell the whole world my medical problems, see why i was leery?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yeah, that sucks. Did she tell people about this? Bad form.

In any case it's really affecting your day to day life now so do whatever you need to do to get it treated.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yeah, that sucks. Did she tell people about this? Bad form.

In any case it's really affecting your day to day life now so do whatever you need to do to get it treated.

i don't know, i don't want to know. I want it to be solved by august.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Dear prplchknz,

There are many different kinds of incontinence, and I think you should go to an ob/gyn or a urologist as soon as is convenient to get yourself checked out. So many people don't go to the Dr for years because as you, they feel embarrassed about leaking, only to learn they could have had years of no worry due to the therapies and medications currently available.

At the very least, they will be able to identify the kind of incontinence you have which is at least a start to controlling it better and not worrying about whether something else is wrong with you.

Read all of this to educate yourself, then GO TO THE Dr. kk? :hug:

Urinary Incontinence

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've managed to make it to the toilet 3 times and not make it 3 times today and i've only been up about 3-4 hours. the first time was really bad i soaked my bedding because the diaper i had worn to bed decided to leak. the second time not as bad but the poise pad leaked i think i was in a weird position causing it to roll off the side. 3rd time i peed in the toilet got up 5 minutes later leaked but the new poise pad held it all. so i really don't know what's going on or why me? its just sad if your goal at 25 is to have a dry day.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Dear prplchknz,

There are many different kinds of incontinence, and I think you should go to an ob/gyn or a urologist as soon as is convenient to get yourself checked out. So many people don't go to the Dr for years because as you, they feel embarrassed about leaking, only to learn they could have had years of no worry due to the therapies and medications currently available.

At the very least, they will be able to identify the kind of incontinence you have which is at least a start to controlling it better and not worrying about whether something else is wrong with you.

Read all of this to educate yourself, then GO TO THE Dr. kk? :hug:

Urinary Incontinence

I read it and it i think it's mix of stress and urge, but I won't know for sure until i go to the doctor.