• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I've ALMOST reached my goal weight! Need some info.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
So I've reached my plateau and have kind of become frustrated. I was eating around 1200-1400 calories a day, but not going to the gym and not losing any weight. I decided to start back at the gym and see how that goes, so yesterday I went to a cycle class then ran outside for around 30 minutes and burned a ton of calories. Problem with that was, I was hungry ALL day!

I gave up sugar and have replaced it with fruit. According to weight watchers, you can eat all the fruit and veggies your heart desire, but isn't that a bit much? I mean, what if someone wanted to just eat bananas all day? They're loaded with sugar and carbs!!

Here's an example of what I eat, minus a few, "treat" meals a week.

Breakfast-
Banana
Protein Shake (140 cals, 3 WW points) mixed with Unsweetened Almond Milk (35 cals)

Mid Morning Snack-
Apple/Fruit

Lunch-
Protein Shake (same as above)
4 Wasa, 7 Grain Thin N' Crispy- 1 WW point.
6 Slices of Turkey (60 calories)
One wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese (35 calories)
Apple/Fruit

Snack-
Apple/Fruit

Dinner-
Cooked Chicken Breast with salsa, a tiny bit of shredded low fat cheese and a tbsp of fat free sour cream.

I've pretty much given up processed sugar and just stick to fruit, but I think I might need to give up the fruit too, which sucks because it's my "go to" food that keeps me from eating unhealthy. :/

So here's where you come in. I am looking for tips on what I should eat in order to lose my last few pounds. I'm not afraid to get sweaty and am willing to eat lettuce to reach my goal weight. I recently read online that Rachel Zoe (stylist) eats berries and drinks coffee, in order to stay so thin. Well, I don't want to be that thin, but I am ready to do something because these last few pounds are just not budging!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
What about the The Fresh Fruit Flush Diet?

The FFFD was invented by clinical nutritionist Jay Robb to help you lose weight fast. He recommends that you do the flush for only 3 days at a time in order to avoid malnutrition. However, you may choose do the fruit flush for 3 days a week, for up to 12 weeks. This allows you to eat a wide variety of foods for 4 days each week so that your body can obtain proper nutrition.

The diet allows you to use egg whites or protein powder for your protein drinks. If you decide to use protein powder, you should make sure that the powder does not contain any sugar or other unnatural ingredients.

Here is a sample diet plan to follow while on the fruit flush:
Day 1

The first day is a preparation for the fruit flush which you will do on the second and third days. You are required to drink a 6 oz. protein drink every 2 hours starting at 8 a.m. and ending at 4 p.m. To make the drink, simply mix 32 oz. of water with 1 1/4 cup egg whites or whey protein powder. An hour after your protein drink, you should consume at least 8 to 12 oz. of filtered water. You can always drink more if you are thirsty at any time of day.

At 6 p.m. you may have 3 to 6 cups of a raw vegetable salad. You can use any vegetables you like, provided you include plenty of leafy greens. For the dressing, use 1 tbsp. olive oil. You may also have 3 to 6 oz. of lean chicken, fish or turkey to go with your salad. 1 hour after your meal, you should consume at least 8 to 12 oz. of water.
Days 2 and 3

Days 2 and 3 is when you do the actual flush, and you are required to consume lots of fresh fruits throughout the day, followed by a vegetable salad at dinner.

8 a.m. 2 cups of cubed cantaloupe
10 a.m. 2 cups of strawberries
12 p.m. 1 banana
2 p.m. 2 medium apples
4 p.m. 1 large mango
6 p.m. 3 to 6 cups of raw vegetable salad with lots of leafy greens and 1 to 2 tbsp. olive or flax seed oil for the dressing. You may top your salad with 1/2 avocado, sliced or cubed. You may also have a protein drink made with 12 oz. of water and 5 tbsp. of whey protein powder or egg whites.

You should drink at least 8 to 12 oz. of water 1 hour after each serving of fruit, as well as 1 hour after your salad.

If you are not used to this kind of dieting, you may find yourself getting very hungry in between the protein shakes or servings of fruit. Drinking lots of water in between will help to satisfy the hunger. You may also find yourself get tired easily, and therefore exercise or hard work is not recommended during this 3 day fruit flush.

While on the fruit flush, you should avoid coffee, tea, juice and sodas, as well as canned foods and dried or frozen fruits and vegetables.

Permabanned
It strikes me that the whole "do <insert trendy buzzword diet here> for X amount of time for instant results" is a faulty premise to begin with, and part of the trap that the consumerism mentality of the western mindset.
The only logical way, imo, is to be in tune with your body and have a healthy lifestyle, permanently,from habits to food consumption. :shrug:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It strikes me that the whole "do <insert trendy buzzword diet here> for X amount of time for instant results" is a faulty premise to begin with, and part of the trap that the consumerism mentality of the western mindset.
The only logical way, imo, is to be in tune with your body and have a healthy lifestyle, permanently,from habits to food consumption. :shrug:

There's a fine line between fad diet with the purpose of instant gratification, & remodeling one's habits for the longterm. Some ''diets'' focus more on the latter, addressing what you're mentioning. Helps people with no concept of healthy diet/exercise habits to get acquainted with these things & train their bodies to like them, for the longterm.

To some extent, it's up to the individual to decide how they'll use the information/regimen, I suppose.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I don't eat many carbs anyway. I found out a few years ago was diagnosed with a stomach disorder and was put on medication. I decided to play around with the foods I eat and found that the less starchy foods I eat, the better I feel and I was correct! No more meds and I was feeling like my old self again! I think I could be very happy eating fruit and protein, I'm just wondering if it's enough. I'm not a huge veggie lover, but I can always add greens to my protein shake.

Once I reach my "goal weight", I'm pretty good about not gaining. I've been the same weight for a good while now and as long as I live, I'll have this stomach disorder that won't allow me to eat fatty, unhealthy foods.

But, [MENTION=6723]phobik[/MENTION] I understand what you're saying. :yes:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't eat many carbs anyway. I found out a few years ago I had stomach issues and was put on medication. I decided to play around with the foods I eat and found that the less starchy foods I eat, the better I feel and I was correct! No more meds and I was feeling like my old self again. I think I could be very happy eating fruit and protein, I'm just wondering if it's enough. I'm not a huge veggie lover, but I can always add greens to my protein shake.

I'd say veggies are always beneficial, throw some in!

My intp friend had a lot of digestive issues, couldn't pinpoint the problem medically, but cut wheat gluten from her diet, and that seemed to even things out. Either because it was the problem, or due to a placebo effect. Either way, experimenting seems to lead to good things.

Permabanned
There's a fine line between fad diet with the purpose of instant gratification, & remodeling one's habits for the longterm. Some ''diets'' focus more on the latter, addressing what you're mentioning. Helps people with no concept of healthy diet/exercise habits to get acquainted with these things & train their bodies to like them, for the longterm.

To some extent, it's up to the individual to decide how they'll use the information/regimen, I suppose.

Sure, I didn't say there aren't any useful diets, perhaps more so, it's the consumerism noise of some that detracts from the whole. And the way that's utilized is, like you said, each individual's prerogative.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sure, I didn't say there aren't any useful diets, perhaps more so, it's the consumerism noise of some that detracts from the whole. And the way that's utilized is, like you said, each individual's prerogative.

Yeah, exactly. I think even some of the fad diets could prove beneficial, if it weren't for how they're presented to the public, overall.

Permabanned
Yeah, exactly. I think even some of the fad diets could prove beneficial, if it weren't for how they were presented to the public, overall.

I agree. I speculate that the fad version could possibly be based in a more structured one, that some clever business person trimmed the fat from [pun intended], for better consumer appeal. :thinking:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'd say veggies are always beneficial, throw some in!

My intp friend had a lot of digestive issues, couldn't pinpoint the problem medically, but cut wheat gluten from her diet, and that seemed to even things out. Either because it was the problem, or due to a placebo effect. Either way, experimenting seems to lead to good things.
It's amazing how the foods we eat, can affect our overall well being. I found that if I drink coffee or soda, I'm suddenly not well at all. Same thing with popcorn, sugar and sugar substitutes.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's amazing how the foods we eat, can affect our overall well being. I found that if I drink coffee or soda, I'm suddenly not well at all. Same thing with popcorn, sugar and sugar substitutes.

I can't live without my coffee and fake sugar! :shocking:

/hypocrite