• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much sleep do you want for yourself? NOW WITH POLL!

How much sleep do you want for yourself?

• Less than 4. I live on the wild side.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
delayed sleep phase disorder is something I'd like to look into having some tests on. I've experienced the telltale signs since childhood, actually. :thinking:

People tend to assume I never sleep or I sleep all the time; neither of which is true- I just tend to sleep at very different hours than most. I'm about 3-4hrs behind the average person, it seems.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your metabolism might be slow so you make up for it with more sleep.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, [MENTION=1009]CzeCze[/MENTION] however, perhaps it applies?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
7 and a half hours.

Ditto. Although I've been sleeping, like, 5 and a half to 6 hours lately. I gotta watch out, I know, but...

7FMqz.jpg

I get to sleep 'bout 8 hours on weekends, though - I set my alarm clock and everything. Kind of a perfectionistic thing.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Need atleast 8 hours of quality REM sleep, to wake up with my dick chafing against the matress. I can't exercie and focus on shit with less than 6 hours.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Seven, I desire nine but it isn't best for me.

That, exactly that. 7.5 hours always seems optimal, but I always want more, then when I get more, I feel stupid and groggy all morning.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i have problems waking up earlier than i want to, i could use more sleep but it's hard for me to fall back asleep once i've already woken up. and when i can force myself to sleep again, i have weird dreams and wake up really groggy and tired. probably 7 or 8 would be ideal for me.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Between 4 and 6 hours.

Sometimes it's hard to sleep.

However I am painfully aware that I'm human and need my sleep, so; I do like to sleep.
Also, power naps and, stuff.
'Power naps are where you sleep for like 15 minutes or; Something.' - But I rarely do those.
Most I can do with out freaking out is 2 days awake, that's why I go out my way to sleep if I can, but; Sometimes it's hard to sleep.

IF... There was a way to function with out sleep, life would be more productive, but at the end of the day, which is today, we all need sleep, EVERY one of us, I persume.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Between 6 and 8, but I really need it every night. If/when I sleep less, I can't easily "make up" for it the next day.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Prefer around 8-8.5, or 9 to be safe, but tend to get closer to 7 on weekdays and 7-9 on weekends (can't always sleep in long enough if I'm up too late). Occasionally 10-11h if I'm really sleep deprived.

As far as need, I notice a change in mood below 7h and changes in mental function below 6h, getting close to non-functional below 4-5h.

V

violaine

Nine hours on the dot. I feel awful for at least an hour if I only get eight, and weird when I get much more than nine.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I can't believe iwhen people say they only need 6 or less hours of sleep. I know there's a difference between "want" and "need" but when it comes to sleep I think its's almost synonymous. In an ideal world, now much sleep would you want to give yourself?

Honestly, I need MORE than 8 hours of sleep. Even if I were well rested, I would want to give myself at least 9 hours.

Brand New And Shiny With Poll!

Well... you said in an ideal world. In an Idea-l world I wouldn't sleep. Sure there would be some drawbacks but think of all the life you can cram up in the extra hours

Mike5609

MBTI Type
INTP
Six hours is fine if I meditate twice a day for twenty minutes each time. Otherwise seven hours. So, meditation (for me, anyway) is a net waking-time saver.

gromit

likes this
8-9 is best for me. On my trip, we went to bed shortly after sun set (9:30 pm or so - what else are you gonna do in the wilderness?) and woke up when we woke up, which was around 6:30. That was great.

Permabanned
I wish I had one of these so I could pause the world and catch up on my sleep on demand
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7f5fqKUxD4&feature=related"]Click[/YOUTUBE]

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love sleep. The more, the better.

teleforce

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4