• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Men, deodorant?

xisnotx

Permabanned
I'm really starting to hate my deodorant...it "leaks"...I sweat through it.
I used Old Spice for a long time, and I liked it fine...but I got tired of smelling like it.
Now I'm using some sort of Gillette deodorant and it's annoying me to bits..

So, any suggestions on deodorant...one that gets the job done?

Or, what do you wear?

D

Dali

I use Nivea Cool Kick.

Whatever you do, don't use Nivea Silver Protect (or something like that). I was a little careless with the application once and my friends kept asking why I had cum on my neck.

EDIT: I'm thinking anti-perspirant. I don't really use deo. It's either anti-perspirant (day) or cologne (night) for me.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Or, what do you wear?
Armani.

But I'm pretty sure you're poor, so just wear something to hide the body odor and just deal with the issue. Plus, the "leaks" give me something to laugh at.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I buy various kinds, but I avoid the kind with strong fragrances because they irritate my skin. I prefer clear to white because it'll get caked into my armpit hair :D

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Just change up different scents of Old Spice. That's all I use.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I use this: http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Body-...QF9U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1337907816&sr=8-2

It's just deodorant (not an antiperspirant), doesn't smell like anything, doesn't even taste bad, and one purchase will last you a long time. It doesn't stain or discolor, so you don't have to be particularly careful when putting on shirts after applying. You do have to start out in a clean state in order for it to be effective, though, so it pays to do a sniff test before you leave to shower. It also pays to apply liberally to the whole pit area, not just the center.

If you want something with a scent, though, this isn't what you want.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I am eating healthy, exercising regularly and bathing frequently, I go without. The rest of the time I use whatever deodorant (not antiperspirant) that I have on hand. Changing scents randomly and frequently confuses those who may be trying to form scent-memories of me.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I use a liquid roll-on called Crystal Body Deodorant http://www.thecrystal.com/

All sticks give me rashes, and aerosols give me rashes for a week or two whenever I switch brands. I guess I'm just really sensitive to deodorants. Crystal has no scent, but it does a good job, and if you're sensitive at all to deodorants I highly recommend it. It also comes in 2.2 ounce packages, so it's convenient if you travel a lot.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I will "leak" straight through anything, but use Axe nowadays because it's cheap & easy to find and works well enough so far.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6

Not even gonna ask.

I use a liquid roll-on called Crystal Body Deodorant http://www.thecrystal.com/

All sticks give me rashes, and aerosols give me rashes for a week or two whenever I switch brands. I guess I'm just really sensitive to deodorants. Crystal has no scent, but it does a good job, and if you're sensitive at all to deodorants I highly recommend it. It also comes in 2.2 ounce packages, so it's convenient if you travel a lot.

Keep in mind that it doesn't even taste bad. So if you ever find yourself stranded on an island, you've got your deodorant stick handy, before you have to resort to cutting off your limbs and frying them.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not even gonna ask.

Ending up with antiperspirant or deodorant on one's tongue during sex can be a real turn off. If it's never happened to you or your S.O., probably not an issue.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I saw the title and wanted to reply, "Yes, please".

:p

If its leaking get an antiperspirant. Try ones from a natural foods stores that use things like hops. The natural deodorants are generally better for your skin and smell better.

One caveat: Men often don't seem aware how their natural chemistry reacts to scents. Scent might be okay but on certain guys its just OVERkill or smells bad. Ask a trusted female to tell you. Especially if you are dating as their opinion will no doubt be very important to you. :p. but if you're physically compatible likely she will prefer you without deodorant.

The crystal deodorant FM uses is unisex. I also use it. There are several types of crystal deodorant on the market now.

Btw, I finally skimmed through the responses and now I can't get the image of white deodorant marks stuck on some doors hairy armpit out of my mind. :cry: Oh well, it's worth it to give you a female perspective :p

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
My brother loves the crystal deodorant stick.

I've got to say though that I really dig the smell of guys who wear Old Spice deodorant. Better than any cologne.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Suggestion would be Creed Green Irish Tweed. Smells amazing. I think the last stick lasted like 3 or 4 months.