User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I will give you my unamerican advice.

If you are a typical woman you need about 1500-1800 calories a day. What means that you will need to consume that much to stay at your current weight. (if you dont do extra physical activities)

Hpwever I am not a fan at all for the American style of lossing weight. Because in that way you just practice hard for 20-30 minutes and that does not burn enough of the calories. (especially if you eat/drink after than)

Instead you should walk or perhaps go to the nature/wilderness , because there you are spending calories for hours and you probably dont even kill yourself with physical effort. If you live in huge city as most Americans try with parks or walking around museums(what should keep your attention). In my opinion as long as you are deliberatly and constantly aware of the fact that you are just doing activity X simply because that way you will lose weight ...... you will probably fail. Weight loss has to be unconscious to be truly successful.

Dont watch TV or computer screen for than 5 hours a day.

Plus throw out all food that is clearly unheathy (not just in the term of calories) : large amount of everything that is sweet , all those chemical and coloured stuff they call drinks these days , constant consumation of fast food or red meat, ..... you know the drill.

In my opinion/knowledge: the best way to lose weigh is to eat as much you would need in theory and create weight loss from extra activity ... because if you stop eating normal your metabolism slows down , plus your body will not have the chemicals needed to creat additional muscular mass. While most people seems to walk right into this trap. The thing is that human body was not designed for times where you have a constant access to food and if you stop eating you are activating the natural alarm that there is no enough food and that the body will have to rationalize spending of energy. (by slowing down the metabolism and the amount of calories you can spend)

So this is it , in your cuntry they have made a huge fuss about the weight thing ..... and this is in my opinion all that actually counts if you dont go into unimportant details.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

throwing up helps.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    how do you lose weight? I've always been skinny but my metabolism is catching up. I plan to walk 3 mornings a week 1-3 miles but i don't wanna be fat
    That's not often enough. If you aim for 5-6 times a week, you'll probably stay in great shape.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You're a city dweller, yes chknz? Something else that I thought might appeal to you since you're more into walking than jogging or going to the gym, is heated yoga.

Heated power yoga is no joke, but it's still more gentle than high impact aerobic exercise, and will help you with the anerobic part of building muscle and strength (and flexibility) which helps your metabolism to speed up. You do that and walk (and eat more sensibly) and you won't be "fat."

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You're a city dweller, yes chknz? Something else that I thought might appeal to you since you're more into walking than jogging or going to the gym, is heated yoga.

Heated power yoga is no joke, but it's still more gentle than high impact aerobic exercise, and will help you with the anerobic part of building muscle and strength (and flexibility) which helps your metabolism to speed up. You do that and walk (and eat more sensibly) and you won't be "fat."
    I effing hate yoga
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I effing hate yoga
    Oh. I luvz it.

Sorry.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Actually...may I ask *what* you hate about yoga?

Does traditional yoga bore you?

Because power yoga is like a work-out. It has a cardiovascular component, it's Westernized yoga for fitness.

Or do you hate power yoga, like is being in a heated room and sweating like you just ran five miles too much for you? Because seriously, it's that kind of exercise that will tone your body and it will help balance you mentally.

Stuff like jogging/running, aerobics, the elliptical, dancing, power yoga...that's the kind of stuff that is going to get you into better shape than just walking. Because even with the walking you should probably do power (speed) walking, and some kind of calisthenics like sit-ups or push-ups. In power yoga you do a form of "altered" sit ups and you do planks.

Or does exercise in general just piss you off?

MBTI
    yupp

I hate yoga because my body hates it. I hate all exercise but I can tolerate other exercise better. and as I have mentioned I'm also doing the exercise bike.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I hate yoga because my body hates it. I hate all exercise but I can tolerate other exercise better. and as I have mentioned I'm also doing the exercise bike.
    lol, everyone's body hates yoga at first.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    lol, everyone's body hates yoga at first.
    I tried it for a month
    In no likes experiment.

that is all