User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default What do you feel like in the morning?

What do you feel like in the morning when you wake up? How alert is your mind, or just describe how your mind feels. How does your body feel in terms of mobility, stiffness, pain, relaxed, energized, or anything else?

Are you a person who exercises regularly, and what sort of exercise do you do? Does coffee or tea help in the morning or the day?

Oh and also, approximately (or specifically) how old are you?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Since this isn't showing up in the new posts, I'll go first. I feel like a zombie.

Anyway, I'll add more detail later, but would be curious what others would say about their experiences.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I feel like shit in the morning. I don't exercise much either. I'm 23 yrs old.

MBTI
    yupp

Groggy
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

As long as I've been getting enough sleep, I feel pretty good in the morning.

I'm 29 years old, I do exercise (strength training using body weight exercises for the time being, although I'm hoping to join a gym soon), and I do drink coffee. I don't think the coffee makes much of a difference at this point; after a certain point your body acclimates to it and you need it just to feel normal, and I'm well past that point. The exercise is pretty energizing, especially if I've been working my legs, which really gets my heart rate up.

I've always been kind of a morning person though. My mother and her father never needed an alarm clock and would wake up early on their own, and I'm the same way.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It depends on how early I wake up and how much sleep I got.

For the last two years, especially after this past November, I was getting about 3-3.5 hours of sleep a night during the week since I had to get up so early, yet I'm a night owl. (As an example, last night I was so exhausted when I got home that I kept having "micro sleep-outs" while typing on my laptop on the bed, I'd wake up after a second with my hands depressing the keys -- yet about 10-10:30pm, suddenly I started feeling more and more awake. Drat.) Sometimes I had trouble making the one-hour drive to work, sometimes I was fine, but I'd have some rough periods during the day lasting about an hour or more where I'd keep nodding off or feeling like I wouldn't make it through a meeting.

With my recent move, even if going to bed at midnight, I can get 5+ hours of sleep and am feeling better overall already.

I like mornings in the sense that it's pretty amazing to have a lot done by lunch, and based on my work schedule, I'm hopping in a car to come home between 3-3:30pm. However, I'm not really a morning person and need my caffeine to keep me going; I'd rather stay up until 3-4am and then crash.

I'm 43 now, and I find that I become sore more easily and longer / can't handle as much stress on my body (especially without training) as I used to. I'm feeling older, physically, definitely. I'm currently out of exercise but plan to start back up now that I've moved and can sleep enough to get my energy levels higher. When I'm exercising consistently, I actually feel pretty good.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I feel fine in the morning. I am usually up between 6:30 or 7:00 am. I get at least 8 hours of sleep every night and if I can, I like to take a 30-45 minute catnap every day. I don't drink caffeine, I drink lots of water and I exercise 4-5 times a week, either a spinning class/cycle at the gym (60 mins) or my elliptical at home (30-60 mins). I like the spinning class because I am on my own bike and don't have to talk to anyone and I zone out for an hour listening to music which I find relaxing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

If I get up, and lately that's a bigger if than in the past, I'm fine within a few minutes. Perhaps a little stiffness in my legs. I don't drink coffee or tea or anything with caffeine in the morning.

I also workout in the morning (again, if I get up) and I do P90X,mostly the weights. I am not a morning person, I have to force myself to go to bed, I get about 6-7 hours but prefer at least 8 when left to my own devices.

I'm in my mid-30s.

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    What do you feel like in the morning when you wake up? How alert is your mind, or just describe how your mind feels. How does your body feel in terms of mobility, stiffness, pain, relaxed, energized, or anything else?

Are you a person who exercises regularly, and what sort of exercise do you do? Does coffee or tea help in the morning or the day?

Oh and also, approximately (or specifically) how old are you?
    Since I've been exercising and when I'm on a real exercise kick, like going to the gym more than once daily or doing a number of really strenuous things in a day, coffee or tea or other buzzes, soft drinks even, all fail to deliver any pep, they even kill the buzz. Water and getting properly hydrated is good.

I usually feel buzzed and ready for the day if I'm exercising a lot, if I've been exercising hard and I've been achy or hurting when I wake up and feel less sore and more toned its the greatest feeling in the world.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I feel like a mean chicken.