• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm considering in investing in cosmetic surgery...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've come to terms that I am not a conventionally attractive male. The trouble is, I don't know precisely what about my face is unattractive, mainly because I don't pay attention to the details of facial beauty. So I need an objective assessment.

What are parts about my face that I should adjust? For example, is my nose too big? Is my face too wide? Be upfront with me, what should I do about my facial appearance that will make me look more attractive?

Here are some pics:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46520&p=1667296&viewfull=1#post1667296

And here's one I took yesterday:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/the-.html

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't understand what the problem is with your face.
You look perfectly fine to me (aside from any crazed look in your eyes that you are hiding behind those sunglasses).

If you looked too feminine and wanted to look more masculine, or if you had been disfigured somehow, or if you had some horrible distorted feature, I guess maybe it would seem justifiable, but I just don't see anything in your facial features that would indicate the expense of surgery to be justifiable.

(Just my opinion.)

EDIT: Okay, UniqueMixture has a point.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well yeah, that's principally how I want to look: more masculine.

I'm also wondering if maybe I should bring my mouth down closer to my chin, and my nose closer to my mouth. Maybe narrow the bridge, as well.

Is there perhaps also something wrong with my hair?

I'm gonna dig up more pictures, hopefully I can find some without sunglasses.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well yeah, that's principally how I want to look: more masculine.

Your chin and your brow ridging look masculine enough already, you've definitely got facial hair. You look like a guy. Your hair is fine, even likeable.

but yeah, if you want to put up more pics. I'm just not sure you're going to get much feedback; I think the majority opinion is that you look decent as-is.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I dunno... you look kind of like the love child of Quentin Tarantino and Vincent D'Onofrio to me... nothing wrong with that :)

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apart from the I hate the world expression, you'er fine. Even kinda good looking. I won't suggest smile more, but you look kinda angry. I wouldn't invest in surgery. Wait until you are old and ugly. You are far from ugly right now. Maybe work on looking more approachable.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just kinda good looking? What facial features should I change to make me really good looking?

I am seriously unclear over what makes males good-looking versus bad-looking.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just kinda good looking? What facial features should I change to make me really good looking?

I am seriously unclear over what makes males good-looking versus bad-looking.
Okay, not prone to hyperbole. Not about that stuff. Really though, apart from the intensity (and this is coming from some one who likes intense men), you are good looking. If you didn't look like you trying to explode asteroids with your mind, I even go so far as to say you are kinda hot. No surgery required.

Empirically speaking you are good looking.

Surely there's a better way to fish for compliments.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it's more of how you come across than how you look that doesn't seem masculine. Not that you seem feminine.. just depressed and indecisive. It doesn't scream, "I'm ready to take on the world and I love life!" Also, you think too much about how other people are reacting to you. You're on the right track, but instead of "why are they staring at me? Do I look funny?" You should be thinking, "She's staring at me, maybe I should go talk to her."

G

Glycerine

You look good. But if you want plastic surgery, all power to you. The serial killer/death stare is not becoming of you.

Your nose and eyes line up nicely on your face. If you changed your nose, I think the symmetry of your face would be off. There is no way in heck that you look feminine: good jawline, prominent nose, lower brow bone.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Uber, you are a very attractive, masculine looking guy. I think it would be terrible for you to get surgery! You seriously don't need it!

However, you sometimes come off as a bit narcissistic and insecure, which women are not going to find as attractive. You do the scary eyes thing in most pictures I have seen of you (bid for attention? I don't think it's unawareness, as more than one person in the picture thread has commented...), you purposely express controversial opinions to attract attention to you, most conversation is centred around you rather than involving equal back and forth interchange, and you don't seem happy with your life as it stands. If you want people to respond differently to you, the change that needs to occur is internal, not external. The good news about that is that it's considerably cheaper. The bad news is that it involves more work than just buying a surgery to fix your problems.

I wouldn't usually be that blunt with someone I don't really know, but since you have invited feedback and are seriously considering changing yourself, I figured I'd throw that out there for you to mull over. I may be completely wrong, so take it with a grain of salt.

Usehername

On a mission
1.) When talking about women you project an attitude of false carelessness and women can smell it. When you talk about roller coasters and videos you radiate sunbeams through your false grimaces and women can sense those sunbeams. Your job is to talk about human beings in the way that you do about roller coasters and videos so that you radiate sunbeams when talking to humans about humans. The goal here is that simple. It's the practice that will take actual practice.

2.) You have a cheap haircut. Get a $30 one instead of a $14.95 one, and put some stylist-recommended product in your hair every day. I swear it will be worth it despite how much you may initially dislike it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Eh...you know when I'm in my 40's I'm probably going to get some collagen injected into my marionette lines and possibly get a breast reduction/boob lift...but that will still look fairly natural, and still look like "me."

I don't like cosmetic surgery as an escape from self, as something to drastically alter your face, like there's something inherently wrong with who you are (unless you actually have suffered an accident or have genetic structural defects).

You should look at some pics of people who have had massive face-altering surgery and look at how badly it can potentially turn out. I mean I think even Vladimir Putin looked better with wrinkles than his weirdly tight face. I think plastic surgery actually made him look OLDER.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're not a bad looking guy. I don't see the problem. There's nothing going on with you that couldn't be altered in some minor way by hair/clothing, etc.

You have a very nice mouth.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Surgery is not the answer. It's all in the attitude. And stay fit.

I notice you like to take pictures of yourself. If you spent that energy talking to women, or caring about others, it would all come back to you I bet. <3

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
there's no cosmetic surgery to improve your personality,
so you should totally do it to your face. maybe when you
feel good enough about yourself, then perhaps your personality
would improve--which seems to be the issue.

good luck!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is wrong with my hair and clothes? Seriously, I don't know anything about hair (I used to shave my head, would that look better?). And clothing, well, I don't know much about that, either.

And I also hate that I don't have blue eyes.