• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm considering in investing in cosmetic surgery...

R

RDF

[...]And how can I be interesting if I don't have a strong sense of identity? And if I'm uninteresting, how does it make sense that I could be an interesting person to get to know?

It’s actually very easy to be the most fascinating and interesting person in the world. There are three simple steps.

1. Input this rule: The deepest and most important psychological drive in humans is the desire to be mirrored or reflected in the eyes of the people around them. This is why trolls troll; it’s also why millionaires strive to become rich and build empires.

People want to be mirrored/reflected by other people. If you can do that for them, you will be fascinating and interesting to them.

2. How do you reflect people? There are 2 steps: Empathize; and then ask for further details. Examples: a) “Glad to hear it! Tell me more!” b) “I’m so sorry to hear that. What happened?” c) “Wow, that’s interesting. So how is that working out?”

Two important notes: 1) When empathizing, your face should reflect the emotion you’re expressing (smile for happiness, look sad for sadness). Practice in front of a mirror. 2) When asking for details, there are lots of ways to draw out the most sullen conversation partner. Repeat the last word they said back to them as a question. Or listen to their intonation when they talk and ask about the things that they emphasize or repeat. See self-help books on shyness and improving conversational skills if you want more such tips.

3. Practice makes perfect. Join social groups, book discussion groups, hiking clubs, etc. and practice, practice, practice. It will feel fake at first. But it’s a primary survival skill, so practice it and get good at it.

Furthermore, over time you’ll meet some people with some genuinely interesting stories, and you’ll genuinely empathize with what they have to say. Keep it up for long enough, and you’ll actually start to find other people interesting. Hard to imagine now, but it will in fact happen.

R

RDF

[...]People want to be mirrored/reflected by other people. If you can do that for them, you will be fascinating and interesting to them.

Oh yeah, and one big common-sense corollary to the above: Never mentor.

When you mentor people about anything (movies, roller coasters), you are asking them to reflect you in their eyes. When you do that, you will become an instant bore in their eyes (unless you are very good and subtle at mentoring).

To be interesting and fascinating to people, you have to reflect/mirror them. You have to empathize with other people and ask for further details. Essentially, you have to ask other people to mentor you.

It’s a funny little truism about human life: To be fascinating and interesting, you have to take an interest in others. The second you ask others to take an interest in you, you become a bore and a loser.

R

RDF

R

Riva

I feel really guilty about not really having the drive to achieve anything, or maybe I do, I just don't know what I want to achieve anymore, aside from that which has been bugging me for the last 7 years.

Uber what is your MBTI type? You keep on changing it between INTJ and ENTP.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyway, back on topic, Argus and JTG1984 were apparently good looking enough to get compliments from women. Sadly, I do not have a point of reference to compare myself to, as their photos have been deleted. Now I must find out what I need to do in order to get the same treatment.

R

Riva

Anyway, back on topic, Argus and JTG1984 were apparently good looking enough to get compliments from women. Sadly, I do not have a point of reference to compare myself to, as their photos have been deleted. Now I must find out what I need to do in order to get the same treatment.

I'm beginning to think you are taking everyone in the forum for a ride. Are you? If so I must applaud you on you ruthless determination.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
What you are going to surgery your way to looking like them specifically? That would be weird. Besides, both had personal issues that I don't think are worth emulating, unless you just enjoy negative attention that much.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What you are going to surgery your way to looking like them specifically? That would be weird. Besides, both had personal issues that I don't think are worth emulating, unless you just enjoy negative attention that much.

Not specifically, no. Especially since I don't know what they look like.

What I want to look like is me, because overall, I'm happy with the way I look. But unfortunately, I don't get compliments, which means there is something imperfect about my face.

Apparently, girls thought those Argus and JTG were hot, despite personal issues, and yet you're here continuing to drive home the point that personality is more important because you and so many others are too afraid of seeming superficial if you drop physical appearance into the mix.

R

Riva

What I want to look like is me, because overall, I'm happy with the way I look. But unfortunately, I don't get compliments, which means there is something imperfect about my face.

Ah this is actually good to know. Your assumption that not getting compliments is equal to having something wrong with your face is faulty logic.

Apparently, girls thought those Argus and JTG were hot, despite personal issues

Just because someone looks good it doesn't mean he has what it takes to attract beautiful females.

urghh!!

We are lucky to be males. Males look for beauty in women but women look for attractive personalities. There is an evolutionary reason for this.

Fuck me and my fucking nerdiness; I just can't stop myself from explaining to you what the reason behind this natural selection reason is. Fuck me for real!!!! urghh!!!

Hot looks we males are attracted to in females such and curvy bodies, big breasts, large hip areas etc are directly related to being more fertile. yes is it. It is a scientifically observed that women with these features are more likely to be fertile and good at child bearing than women with opposite features. Thus the reason that men are attracted to hot women. It's just like in the animal kingdom. Males are attracted to certain types of females and those females are coincidentally more fertile and better and raising offspring.

On the otherhand what females are attractive to are confident males (not always the strongest) who knows how to protect the female, chase away other horny males (lolz) and do what it takes to keep the family well fed. And mind you these males I doubt are good looking and probably didn't give a fuck if the females they were trying to copulate with considered them good looking. The pretty/feminine looking males probably got killed in fights to get the female and probably got raped too.

So Uber consider yourself lucky that you are a male. Because women have to constantly try and look hot whereas we males have to be confident. So that's what you should be concerned about. And that's what the thread should be focusing on.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, and men totally don't care if a woman is confident or not. :dry:

And you can't have me believe that unconfident males can't attract a woman.

And as I have said, there are plenty of examples of women calling a guy "hot" when all they see is their photo. What is it about these guys? They don't necessarily even have to be the most in-shape (especially since so many times these photos are close-ups).

G

Glycerine

oh he is, at least im %88 sure of it.

I don't think he is. It's just easier and more appealing to accept that he's trolling rather than seriously thinking this way. Eek. Who would troll like this for over a year and put this much energy in?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know, I've never thought about this until now, but maybe I should make myself uglier.

L

LadyLazarus

Dude you gotta get the boobs done before you can even start thinking about the face.
Priorities.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dude you gotta get the boobs done before you can even start thinking about the face.
Priorities.

I recommend instead- the super-boob. One basketball of a breast in the center of your chest. That's an eye-catcher, right?

L

LadyLazarus

I recommend instead- the super-boob. One basketball of a breast in the center of your chest. That's an eye-catcher, right?

Subtle and classy, I like it.Very Audrey Hepburn.

Although if he really wanted something classic I say he should put the basketball boob right between his eyes.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Subtle and classy, I like it.Very Audrey Hepburn.

Although if he really wanted something classic I say he should put the basketball boob right between his eyes.

Or trailblaze a new frontier- get an eye modification where the eyeball is excised, the cavity is filled with fat tissue, & a silicone breast implant tops it all off. A tit for an eye, is basically what I'm getting at.

..perhaps civilization isn't advanced enough to fully appreciate such art yet, though. Alas.